impromptu NW tube "meet"
Feb 19, 2008 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

dBel84

Cavalli Tinkerer at large
I discovered that I was to be "home alone" on presidents day and thought it was a great time to get some gear out and sachu was keen to get together so it was more of a hangout and chat about the things we are passionate about.

He brought over his scott nixon dac, mini3 and HD580's and I set up the dining table with a few tube breeds - Bijou , EHHA, SOHA II and Stacker. Sadly the Bijou had a loose wire which I hadn't noticed and wasn't in the mood to find so only had one channel working and thus it didn't get to show it's stuff. I took a picture before sachu arrived with the intention of taking another once we had got comfortable but we got distracted. digital source for the dac was my samsung q1u and CDP fed the stacker and soha ii.

impromptuNWmeet.jpg

Impressions
biggrin.gif
, I love them all and am heavily biased after time invested but sachu liked them just as much too. I think he was more surprised at how the amps reduced the otherwise large distinction between the various headphones we listened to.

Just thought I would post as we concluded that we really need another Portland meet. anyone??!!
smily_headphones1.gif
..dB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back