Image X10 & iPod Classic Line Out?
Feb 12, 2009 at 7:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

johnnysan

New Head-Fier
I'm going to pick-up a pair of X10's soon, but am wondering about using a line-out adapter. I adjust the level of all my lossless files with ReplayGain. If I use the stock earbuds (for testing/reference purposes only!), my preferred volume level is at about 80%-90% since ReplayGain usually lowers the volume significantly (damn loudness wars).
Should I plan on also getting an attenuator with the line adapter (if at all), or should I just figure I'll be getting an amp at some point if I want to bypass the iPod's internal headphone amp? I'm assuming the 'Volume Limit' setting does not affect the line out, obviously I don't have a dock of my own to make these tests on my own...
Has anyone else made an impedance like this guy (Klipsch Image X10 Impedance Adaptation - blog123) has?
Finally, I am concerned about damaging something.

Feb 18, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 2
At the bottom of the article the author made this suggestion:

Easiest way may be to use ER-4P => 4S adapter (75ohm) or to simply buy an impedance adapter from APureSound if you live in the states. They have 75ohm and 120ohm adapters in stock.

apuresound has both a member of the trade forum here and also a link to their website below and that would be a great place to start gathering more info. Hope that helps.

APureSound - Where The Music Is Always Pure - APS Audio LLC.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/ap...-cable-260383/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back