I'm considering a Beyerdynamic Full Sized Headphone, but which model???
May 29, 2009 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

AnAnalogSpirit

500+ Head-Fier
My Quest for Beyerdynamism begins today! See below!

Here's the post:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/im-...4/#post5720403

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Everyone,

To be truthful I <3 my IEMs, BUT there are times when I want a less "invasive" experience. Also I read about Moon Audio's NEW Variable Cable Mod for the Beyerdynamic DT990, DT880, and DT770 models, whereby you can have them custom designed at beyerdynamic MANUFAKTUR*-*MANUFAKTUR Build Your Own and have them sent directly to Moon Audio for recabling!!! I have a Black Dragon Interconnect and love what it did for my Sound Quality: It's just full and BIG and different than my Silver iBasso CB01 Interconnect. That got me interested in Cable Qualities, etc...

I have a variety of musical palettes, or moods for listening: sometimes in the mood to listen to the bass, sometimes the mids, sometimes the analytics of the treble. I like bass hum rather than punch, and "bass-ey treble" rather than "sharp treble"... Mids I prefer to be full and detailed.

So here we get to the meat of the issue, I've read about the Beyerdynamics a bit, and compared to the other fullsize cans, whereby I have firsthand experience with Sony (tepid response from me; preferred the factory fresh stuff over the broken in stuff, the V6 over the newer-fangled DJ expensive stuff) Sennheiser 650 (HATED it!!!) and Grado SR60 (bored by it, but keep it as a "reference" along with my etymotic ER*4-P) I'm looking for this new Experience.

So folks, I submit to you with the above requirements and preferences which ones do you think are best suited? Why? Detailed descriptions welcome!! :-D

I will be using it with a COWON O2PMP, or my Auzen X-Meridian which has the Texas Instruments Burr-Brown OPA627AU OP-AMPs on all 4 channels.

I have only portable amps, for now, and wonder what would be an appropriate amp to get... with this Headphone I don't mind a Home Only system. I know the Headphones come in 32ohm, 250ohm, and 600ohm flavours, and want to know which ones give the ultimate in fidelity, and what it takes to drive them?

Any reccomendations for Yours Truly?? Don't be shy...

As you can see I have maxed out my IEM collection pretty much: I think the Victor HP-FX500's will be the last pair I NEED to buy unless I get a pair of Atrios or UE's at some point... but alas I'd rather go for a bit DIFFERENT listening Experience.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions and reccomendations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back