If i like Audeze LCD-1
Dec 22, 2023 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Nightpuma1

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I got myself a Chord Mojo 2 for christmas, and now I am looking for new headphones. I have a pair of HD-650, and they are to dull for me. I used to have Audeze LCD-3F, and they were to big and heavy. They also sounded too hot for my ears.
Yesterday I tried my friends Audeze LCD-1, and I really liked them. The tonality was nice. A little on the warm side, and also livley and engaging.
Since they seem discontinued, I am looking for some advice. What sub $1k over ear headphones do you think I should consider?

Best

Theo

Dec 22, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #2 of 3
My favorite headphone is the Hifiman Arya Stealth, they really improved the original and it's worth the price. Never had to EQ them, they nailed the tuning.
For IEMs the 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 is a must have, it replaced every IEM in my collection and I've had them up to a couple of $800 models. So good, it'll make your headphones feel like a ripoff when you consider pricing.
I've had a couple of the high end Audeze and they're never worth the cost. They're good at 1/4 the price, but not MSRP. For the Arya Stealth on the Mojo 2 you'll need balanced for the extra current. Since I don't think they need equalization you don't need a ton of headroom for a preamp reduction, so you should be ok. I also have the HE5xx which is fun for daily use since it's inexpensive, light, and comfortable. Hifiman has a refurb/open box sale with good pricing too. Just got the HE-R10 closed back for $349 last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back