IEMS with Similar Sound to WH-1000XM3
Oct 22, 2023 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

malifact

500+ Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones several months ago, as I needed something with good noise cancelling for watching TV etc. at home (I have nice but very noisy neighbours). At first, I didn't like the sound signature as I always preferred "bright" earphones, but now they have really grown on me to the point I use them all the time.

However, I would like to find a pair of IEMs (preferably customs) which have a similar sound signature to the 1000XM3. It would be nice to have something more lightweight for when I go walking or I am at the gym. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. I don't really have a budget, as I'm willing to pay more for good quality.

Thank you in advance.

Oct 22, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 5
XM3 is all bass and no treble. I would check KZ - I am sure they would have a similar bass monster. Or alternative you can get a decently tuned IEM and allow your brain to readjust to normal sound again?

Oct 22, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 5
I think you'll like the Sennheiser Momentum 3 for portable use, the bass is much more defined but no jarring brightness. Better detail resolution, and the 3 version charging dock stays charged a lot longer than the 2 version which was the only big thing wrong with it. For $8 I get a 72 pack of different tips on eBay and you can really tip roll for the perfect sound/fit with anything. Even spring tips like on the Kato are pretty compressible for a good fit without collapsing the barrel like on foam ones sometimes. I've used the Momentum 2 and 3 for daily use and travel and never needed to equalize them, just so good out of the box.

Oct 26, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #5 of 5
I think you'll like the Sennheiser Momentum 3 for portable use, the bass is much more defined but no jarring brightness. Better detail resolution, and the 3 version charging dock stays charged a lot longer than the 2 version which was the only big thing wrong with it. For $8 I get a 72 pack of different tips on eBay and you can really tip roll for the perfect sound/fit with anything. Even spring tips like on the Kato are pretty compressible for a good fit without collapsing the barrel like on foam ones sometimes. I've used the Momentum 2 and 3 for daily use and travel and never needed to equalize them, just so good out of the box.
Thank you. I will check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back