IEMS or CIEMS and recommendations
Sep 11, 2014 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yopyop1007

New Head-Fier
I don't know a lot about audio but want to get into it. I was wondering if I should spend 400 dollars on some entry level custom iems or just get a sub 200 dollar pair of normal iems. I will mainly be using them for casual listening and once in a while use them for running. Are ciems that much of a step up from iems and are there any recommendations for either. Thanks to the people that respond.

Sep 12, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #2 of 5
The thing I've found with custom tips is that they are fine until I start eating - the size/shape changes that my ears undergo make it a very noise experience! Also if you like chewing gum the universal fit might be more practical.

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #4 of 5
Regarding fatigue and fit, this is down to your own ears and hearing - If you find high frequencies get in the way generally then look at dynamic driver options such as the Shure SE215 - these are universal but you can get custom moulds done for them whenever you like if you want to try this option.

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #5 of 5
For me, it depends on how long you use it for.

If you only use it for like an hour or two at most then it might not be worth it especially if you aren't feeling any discomfort with universals.
If you like long listening sessions then customs might be worth an investment especially if you feel discomfort with universals.
Or if you just want higher sound quality, with a higher price tag of course.

$400 universals would probably sound better than $400 customs though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back