IEM
Mar 12, 2008 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TheChoster

Head-Fier
Hello

I was looking for a new IEM/Canal phone. I was hoping to get a IEM with emphasis on the Bass but pretty strong all around as my Music genre can range from Classical to Hip Hop to Metal to Female Vocals to anything. However, I love that out of Ear experience where you have to take your headphones off to check that the music isn't coming from outside. Oh, and a large soudstage would be nice. Can you make any good recommendations.
Because Im a poor student, I was hoping that the Price limit would be ~$200.
Thanks alot!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for your advice. I read a couple reviews about the ER4Ps and the impression I received was these IEMs were more analytical and the Bass quality was good, but there was a lack of it. Is this true? Though I know this issue is personal and highly debated, I just wanted the opinions with the criteria above in mind.

Mar 12, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #4 of 9
You could try the Crossroads MylarOne XBi. They're much cheaper then $200 but the quality is very good. Alternatively the UE5 EB are very bassy (a bit too much for my taste).

Mar 12, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #5 of 9
May I suggest Super.fi 5 Pro? They have an emphasis on bass, but will work great for most types of music, and they have great soundstage (for IEMs).

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks everyone for your advice.
However, I was kinda eyeing the Victor FX500. I read the review of it by another Head-fi member, and I really liked the description of the sensation of the Bass and I kinda fell for it. But before, I took the plunge I wanted to know if anyone else had experience with it.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back