IEM like Focal Utopia?
Mar 24, 2018 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Sheep1234

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have the ProPhile 8 and tried the Andromeda but they don't come close to my Utopia. Everything sounds so unclear and unfocused that it is no longer fun to listen to. Are there any IEM's that are like the Utopia?

Mar 24, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #3 of 12
I listened to Utopia, but it do not beet even relatively inexpensive Stax system. Utopia is highly overpriced. Did you try Sony xba-z5? I love them very much. They sound like a big speaker system, amazing.

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #9 of 12
There are (not many though) very good IEM's that can equal or even beat an utopia - but they don't come cheap and might not have a similar sound signature.

The Shure KSE1200/1500 is the "cheapest" that plays in this category among the ones I've heard - Being an e-stat it's definitely not the typical "focal" sound but it is an IEM that can take on the utopia when it comes to clarity, speed and detail.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #12 of 12
Hello,

I have the ProPhile 8 and tried the Andromeda but they don't come close to my Utopia. Everything sounds so unclear and unfocused that it is no longer fun to listen to. Are there any IEM's that are like the Utopia?
The Multiverse Mentor is excellent, but I'd say that the Campfire Audio Supermoon Universal is very close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back