IEM for movie viewing?
Jun 27, 2009 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

HUNTER12

New Head-Fier
I had no success in finding a over the ear headphones. Right now I only own the $5 sony earphones which I think they sound good. I would like to upgrade, which earphone do you recommend mostly for tv and movie purposes? thanks
Budget is $50.00

Jun 27, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by HUNTER12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had no success in finding a over the ear headphones.

Please explain what you mean by no success.

Also, why IEM for movie viewing? Do you need the isolation?

Jun 27, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #3 of 16
I had posted before that I bought a sony rf 970rk wireless and didn't like that because lots of static, I returned that. Today I bought a seinnheiser hd205, I thought the review was good enough especially for the price and ignored the widely complaint of uncomfortability, and they were. I returned them. I don't know which way to go with my less than a $100 budget. I have this cheapo earphones and I like their functionality so I just thought I upgrade them. With earphones I can lie on my sides without putting much pressure on them. If you mean Isolation by blocking out the noise, not necessarily. I've red lots of reviews but so many to choose from.

Jun 27, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by HUNTER12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had posted before that I bought a sony rf 970rk wireless and didn't like that because lots of static, I returned that. Today I bought a seinnheiser hd205, I thought the review was good enough especially for the price and ignored the widely complaint of uncomfortability, and they were. I returned them. I don't know which way to go with my less than a $100 budget. I have this cheapo earphones and I like their functionality so I just thought I upgrade them. With earphones I can lie on my sides without putting much pressure on them. If you mean Isolation by blocking out the noise, not necessarily. I've red lots of reviews but so many to choose from.

Check out the yuin pk3/pk2. I find them very comfortable for movie viewing/sleeping.

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #6 of 16
Well overall I would say ie8's purely for their soundstage for a universal iem. For $50 may be the ne-7m? Dynamic tend to seem to be great with soundstage from what I have seen.

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #7 of 16
X2 on the Yuin series - they are earbuds from what I understand so if you lay on your side they wont be pushed too far inside your ears (if at all).

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #11 of 16
If you want a real upgrade, look for balanced armatures at the most reasonable price. The candy aisle of earbuds at Walmart is stocked with phones using dynamic drivers. Dynamic drivers are the same kind of speaker you'll find in on-ear and over-the-ears headphones, but at this size, what you usually get is crap. Balanced armature (BA) performs much better, with greater clarity. The difference is like night and day. There are exceptions, such as the Sennheiser IE 6,7, and 8 - which are expensive, high-end phones - but for $50, the typical dynamic driver sounds about as good as a plastic violin.

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want a real upgrade, look for balanced armatures at the most reasonable price. The candy aisle of earbuds at Walmart is stocked with phones using dynamic drivers. Dynamic drivers are the same kind of speaker you'll find in on-ear and over-the-ears headphones, but at this size, what you usually get is crap. Balanced armature (BA) performs much better, with greater clarity. The difference is like night and day. There are exceptions, such as the Sennheiser IE 6,7, and 8 - which are expensive, high-end phones - but for $50, the typical dynamic driver sounds about as good as a plastic violin.

Hi,
What's the most cheapest balanced armature earphones on the market to buy,

thanks.

Jun 28, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by earaid123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
What's the most cheapest balanced armature earphones on the market to buy,

thanks.

Soundmagic PL50
smily_headphones1.gif
. Should be around soon enough.

Jun 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the Head-Direct RE2s are dynamic drivers. They are excellent, especially with the Fiio E5. Together they cost $50. The RE2s by themselves cost $40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back