IE800 jvc spiral dot++ mod or a mod for other tips
Jul 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

W1ll1eTheP1mp

500+ Head-Fier
Hi! Has anyone made a succsesful mod or have an idea for how to get other tips than stock to fit the IE800 without get stuck in the ear?

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 7
What size is the nozzle?

If thinner like Westone, Shure or other 3mm nozzles you can make adapters.

I just made a pair from some vinyl 1/8 tubing from the hardware store for my Westones yesterday.

IMG_20200730_074208.jpg

If mid sized 3.5-4.5mm you may have to try heat shrink over the nozzle.

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 7
What size is the nozzle?

If thinner like Westone, Shure or other 3mm nozzles you can make adapters.

I just made a pair from some vinyl 1/8 tubing from the hardware store for my Westones yesterday.

If mid sized 3.5-4.5mm you may have to try heat shrink over the nozzle.
Thanks! Its 4 mm . ive tried to make an adapter from a 4mm tube used for fishing tanks( was mentioned as a mod for the spirsl dots in the IE800 thread) but they still slips off when i take them out of my ear. The nozzle length is also really short on the ie800! But a heatshrink tube is a good idea!

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #4 of 7
Use double wall heat shrink or adhesive heat shrink, basically has hot glue inside. It will peel off if necessary.

You could also try some e8000 glue with the tube and let it cure overnight. It is semi-permanent and easily removable with a fingernail.

I would apply it around the nozzle and slide the tube over it, to prevent any chance of it covering the mesh/opening.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #5 of 7
Use double wall heat shrink or adhesive heat shrink, basically has hot glue inside. It will peel off if necessary.

You could also try some e8000 glue with the tube and let it cure overnight. It is semi-permanent and easily removable with a fingernail.

I would apply it around the nozzle and slide the tube over it, to prevent any chance of it covering the mesh/opening.
Thanks! I will take a look at it when back home from the mountains. Can i msg you if i am stuck or something? Dont know if i can get thise products here in Norway!:)

Aug 4, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #6 of 7
Sure. Post here and I should get a notification or pm.

Something like the e6000 glue can easily be found at most hardware (or craft stores). It is a what I call a semi-permanent glue that remains flexible, only 'semi' as it is relatively easy to remove or scrape away with a fingernail.

The e8000 which is even easier to remove might be available at a mobile phone repair shop. Alternatively it is cheap for a small tube 15ml from AliExpress (sub $2 usd).

Aug 5, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #7 of 7
Sure. Post here and I should get a notification or pm.

Something like the e6000 glue can easily be found at most hardware (or craft stores). It is a what I call a semi-permanent glue that remains flexible, only 'semi' as it is relatively easy to remove or scrape away with a fingernail.

The e8000 which is even easier to remove might be available at a mobile phone repair shop. Alternatively it is cheap for a small tube 15ml from AliExpress (sub $2 usd).
Hi! I couldnt find that kind of glue here. I live i just a small town,so its maybe cause of that. But ive fixed it! I took the largest Sennheiser stock tip and clipped of the silicon until i just hade the inner tube left. Then i pushed the tube throuh the spiraldot ++ until it fitted perfectly inside. So now ive got an excellent fit both in ear and on the IEM!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back