IC: NYC Mini-Meet.
May 1, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #31 of 42
The next step is to finalize the time and date of the meet:

Sunday, May 7th. 2:00 pm.

How is that for everyone? How long do mini-meets generally last for? A few hours.

So maybe 3-7? The ending time is not an issue for me. But if people want to get started earlier, that's ok too.

I will send a PM to all attending with contact info and directions. If anyone wants to show up earlier, that's cool too.

John.

EDIT: Made the start time 2:00 pm under Tom's advisement. This will be a general start time, early and late comers are welcome at their leisure.

May 2, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #32 of 42
Promises to be a blast! Didn't see this thread til today -- but I'll be seeing Tribeca Festival films all day & night Saturday and Sunday.

Sad to miss this bash. Have Fun.
orphsmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

May 3, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #33 of 42
I've sent a pm with directions and contact info. The official start time is 2:00 pm. If you plan on arriving before or after 2:00 please let me know and we can make arrangements to meet at the station.

I wanted to make a gear list, but I don't know what people are definitely bringing. If you'd like to PM me with your gear please do so.

John.

May 4, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #34 of 42
Darn! I'm always missing these mini meets. If anyone holds one in the future, feel free to contact me. I can bring my Baby Orpheus/Music hall cd-25 rig along. Thanks.

May 5, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #35 of 42
My Gear list.

Headphones
R10
GS1000 prototype
HD650/Siver Dragon
Stax SRX MkIII

Amps
Krell KSA-5
Singlepower MPX 3 with 2 jacks,one with crossfeed
Pocket referance II

Sources
Theta Basic Transport,Ack Dack
Sony DVP-B30 portable DVD player

Cheap power strip,All hook up cables.

May 6, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #36 of 42
Hey guys, I'm sorry to drop out like this, but I've got a few things this weekend that I have been forced to attend to. Hopefully I'll get to see all of you again real soon when things settle down!

May 6, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #37 of 42
Okay, I have a revised gear list. My Headphiled K340s came in today and are breaking in as I type.

Sources:

Esoteric CD-Z500 and Audio Refinement Complete Alpha CDP

Headphones:

Headphiled K340s (Balanced w/ Blackgold and 1/4" adapter), Sennheiser HD-650 (Cardas), AKG K701, Sony MDR SA-5000, Grado RS-1

Amps:

Veda Audio Dynahi SA, Headamp Gilmore Dynamic V2-SE

May 7, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #38 of 42
I am jealous that you guys are getting together again! I think I have to set up something out here to keep the buzz going from the National. Tomorrow I am going to the Alameda Flea Market and I am going to find K340s cheaper than Jeff's $40 pair! Now, of course, they have considerably more invested in them--congrats on getting them in time for the meet. Make sure people post plenty of impressions on those cool new cans. I imagine they will sound nice with TJ's Blackie amp. Enjoy it all guys!

May 7, 2006 at 4:47 PM Post #40 of 42
Okay, change in gear I'm bringing.

I'll be bringing the following:

Chord DAC64 + Blu transport
HeadRoom Overture (lan modded)
Grace m902 (lan modded)
AKG K 1000
Qualia 010
Grado HP2

and various cables, power strips, etc.

Best,

-Jason