iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jul 3, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #1,982 of 3,626
Anybody going to get the hiby r8 to compare with max when it comes out?

Jul 3, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #1,984 of 3,626
I am finding my listening levels are lower with the DX220 Max (using a spl meter).

its a quiet rainy morning at home and the surrounding everyday noise is about the same as my listening level atm.

i will do a comparison with DX220 also and see if there is any difference.

Its another plus of decent earphones and daps, the listening levels go down in volume compared to finding satisfaction with entry level gear.

which is an often overlooked important benefit.

Jul 3, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #1,985 of 3,626
I am finding my listening levels are lower with the DX220 Max (using a spl meter).

its a quiet rainy morning at home and the surrounding everyday noise is about the same as my listening level atm.

i will do a comparison with DX220 also and see if there is any difference.

Its another plus of decent earphones and daps, the listening levels go down in volume compared to finding satisfaction with entry level gear.

which is an often overlooked important benefit.
its hard to take seriously anyone that only reviews this DAP with IEMs... what a joke.

Jul 3, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #1,990 of 3,626
I did. Do you think I'm a joke because I ONLY use headphones? Then I give my opinions about equipment based on that. Does the invalidate my opinions?
the MAX power is overkill for IEMs and can only effectively be evaluated with headphones... otherwise it is very hard to take any review seriously that just concentrates on IEMs.... thats a fact... i appreciate the IEM only crowd chiming in but truthfully their opinions are heavily discounted.

Jul 3, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #1,993 of 3,626
the MAX power is overkill for IEMs and can only effectively be evaluated with headphones... otherwise it is very hard to take any review seriously that just concentrates on IEMs.... thats a fact... i appreciate the IEM only crowd chiming in but truthfully their opinions are heavily discounted.

It's true, at full DAC digital volume it could be an overkill for efficient or sensitive IEMs. But that's where this dual volume control comes into play, similar to adjusting pre-amp LO output to give main analog volume control a wider dynamic range. For IEMs, it works better when you drop digital DAC volume down, maybe to 100 or so, and enjoy analog volume pot.

Also, you can argue that with MAX being transportable, a number of people will use it at home with less portable more demanding headphones. So maybe we can just call MAX transportable and adaptable to any pair of headphones and earphones :D When I finally going to get to review, it's in queue, I will try my best to cover everything from multi-BA to multi-hybrid (DD/BA/EST) IEMs and more demanding cans like Empyrean, T5p, R70x, and oBravo w/AMT drivers.

Jul 3, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #1,994 of 3,626
Just saw Valentium posted on FB, they have a custom leather case for DX220 MAX in their Etsy store.

1593827484113.png
1593827579722.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back