iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Sep 27, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #2,731 of 3,626
I am excited for DX300Max LOL! Just kidding Ofcourse

Regarding the Max line out performances. It is so close to my high-end desktop system for my stereos when feeding it into my stereos via LineOut!

Perhaps the soundstage depth and width isn’t as large as my Desktop setup, but the details and soundstage it is putting out for a small player that is acting like an analog source is pretty amazing. It gets a score of 8/10 here

My desktop is really decked out for sound quality though, so don’t bother asking lol....I spent too much in on it

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #2,732 of 3,626
David, I have notes on pair up with Luna in my MAX review.
your review confirmed my interest and I jumped in for MAX after it.
Really don't regret it. MAX is the best DAP I ever listened to. Better than anything else : N8, WM1Z firmware and hardware mod, WM1A firmware and hardware mod, SP1000, LPGT...
A great player for sure. Home run from IBasso.

Sep 27, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #2,733 of 3,626
your review confirmed my interest and I jumped in for MAX after it.
Really don't regret it. MAX is the best DAP I ever listened to. Better than anything else : N8, WM1Z firmware and hardware mod, WM1A firmware and hardware mod, SP1000, LPGT...
A great player for sure. Home run from IBasso.
Welcome to the club ! It doesn’t get 40 hours battery run time though :D lol

Sep 27, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #2,734 of 3,626
David, I have notes on pair up with Luna in my MAX review.

Of course I read it a while back, dumb me!

Reason I was asking, I find the upper mids a bit harsh to me, also I find the Luna quite thinner compared to the LPGT but I need more time.

This is the one pairing I am not to keen on among all my collection in fact... tried several things and best results are low gain with DAC volume up to recommended values (while most of my multi BA need high gain with lower DAC volume, like it better fuller sounding). But still I prefer Luna with a more laid back source, too vivid for me...

Sep 27, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #2,737 of 3,626
Had you been using Lurker firmware yet ? Give it a try
I'm in Lurker already. Did not even try without.
My listening session this morning with EE Odin, PW1950 and light EQ was an awake dream.
Thoose bass and this 3D stage :heart_eyes:

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #2,738 of 3,626
Sep 28, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #2,740 of 3,626
Well, it's late, but still, here is my text review of DX220 Max

8-With Khan.jpg

English: https://porta.fi/ibasso-dx220-max-no-jokes-about-madness/
Russian: https://porta.fi/ru/obzor-pleera-ibasso-dx220-max-bez-shutok-pro-bezumie/

Sep 29, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #2,741 of 3,626
I’m new to the DX220Max, and Android in general, so forgive me if my question is stupid. How do I transfer music files from my Macbook Pro to the internal memory of the DX220Max?
When I swipe down and select “file transfer” on the Max, connected by USB to the Macbook, it still isn’t being “seen” by my computer.
Is there another way?
The DX220 works fine with SD cards prepared on the MacBook, so it isn’t that big a deal.
thanks

Sep 29, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #2,742 of 3,626
I’m new to the DX220Max, and Android in general, so forgive me if my question is stupid. How do I transfer music files from my Macbook Pro to the internal memory of the DX220Max?
When I swipe down and select “file transfer” on the Max, connected by USB to the Macbook, it still isn’t being “seen” by my computer.
Is there another way?
The DX220 works fine with SD cards prepared on the MacBook, so it isn’t that big a deal.
thanks

you need to use android file transfer (or some other app that allowed file transfer to android devices from mac os)

Sep 29, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #2,745 of 3,626
Is there another way?
thanks

1) the swipe down
(as you have done).

2) android file transfer app (mac)

3) try another usb c cable rather than the supplied one.

plug and unplug as required.

4) get a nice speedy micro sd card - so you can use an external card reader.
Also then you can fully reset the Max after each firmware update

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back