iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Oct 21, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #2,821 of 3,626
Someone posted on the Facebook ibasso page that their Max shut off and will not turn on. Any ideas?

Oct 21, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #2,822 of 3,626
Went to restart my DX220 Max today and it has since refused to turn back on. Just four months of use and babying this thing like nothing else and now I am bricked. Any ideas as to how I might trigger it back on? The hold power for 20 seconds trick has not worked. :sweat:

If the surface of the DX220Max is warm, just wait for the battery to drain completely, then plug it to the power and try to turn it on.

Oct 21, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #2,823 of 3,626
I did something bad, why it feels so good !! :) A46910E3-91DD-47E7-B948-B7373611BAFA.jpeg

Oct 21, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #2,824 of 3,626
I agree about the “unable to boot on” solutions. The Dx220 sometimes can go into deep sleep or whatever related to firmware or so. Just plug it into the charger. Most of the time it refused to turn on is due to too low battery....from what has happened to me.

It used to worry me especially when I play around modifications with hardware stuff like capacitors, resistors, OpAmps. But it has never failed to turn on when I just plugged it in and leave it charging overnight.

Oct 21, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #2,825 of 3,626
Has anyone successfully install Neutron Music Player on your dx220 Max? I purchased the app and when I try to install, it says no identified device can install this app.... but I pretty sure I already verified my device over my google account. And still can’t install on the Max... anyone could help please?

I purchased the license via paypro with the same email address as the google acount.
https://neutroncode.com/buy

Then downloaded apk file directly from their official site and installed it.
https://neutroncode.com/downloads/file/2-neutronmpapkarm64

In this case, NeutronMP can be used whether a DAP is google GMS certified or not, though I need to download and install future updates manually.

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #2,826 of 3,626
I agree about the “unable to boot on” solutions. The Dx220 sometimes can go into deep sleep or whatever related to firmware or so. Just plug it into the charger. Most of the time it refused to turn on is due to too low battery....from what has happened to me.

It used to worry me especially when I play around modifications with hardware stuff like capacitors, resistors, OpAmps. But it has never failed to turn on when I just plugged it in and leave it charging overnight.
Thanks, I’m leaving it out for the night and hope it restarts tomorrow!

Oct 22, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #2,831 of 3,626
Hi chaps,

am coming back to my original topic a few pages before cause I am kind of desperate.

I am in love with the DX220 MAX paired with my Denon AH-D9200 and LCD-2.
This was supposed to be my end-game combo.
Playing from SD or streaming apps on Android it's like I don't want to listen to anything else anymore.
So lush and resolving at the same time, no longterm-fatigue, it's kind of addictive.
I had ordered 4,4mm balanced cables extra for it and am sure my listening experience will even improve.

The real downside for me are reproducible issues in DAC-mode with ALL of my IOS and Mac OS devices and I have some (test streaming apps: Spotify and Amazon Music HD)

Part1: Real bummer pairings:
- IPAD AIR2 2015 with IOS14.1: with Original-Apple-OTG-Lightning2USB-A-adapter and IBASSO stock cable:
IBASSO DAC is not even found
- IPAD Pro (10,5 inch) 2018 with IOS 14.1 with Original-Apple-OTG-Lightning2USB-A-adapter and IBASSO stock cable:
IBASSO DAC is found but constant unbearable static noise
- Macbook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7: with Original-Apple-OTG-USB-C to USB-A adapter and IBASSO stock cable:
IBASSO DAC is found but constant unbearable static noise

Part2: Better but still bummers:
- Iphone11 Pro with IOS14.1: with Original-Apple-OTG-Lightning2USB-A-adapter and IBASSO stock cable:
IBASSO DAC is found, at first everything seems fine but you can sporadically (i.e. in average every 20 to 30 seconds) hear single static noise "scratches" (not super loud but recognisable) - same streaming app on IBASSO Android with same songs is fine and silent
- Macbook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6: IBASSO stock cable connected to built-in USB 2.0 ports:
IBASSO DAC is found, at first everything seems fine but you can sporadically (i.e. in average every 20 to 30 seconds) hear single static noise "scratches" (not super loud but recognisable) - same streaming app on IBASSO Android with same songs is fine and silent

Regarding Part2, I can imagine that a better cable could help as there could be some WIFI-pollution whatsoever injecting noise from outside.
Regarding Part1, this cannot be radio pollution anymore imho, symptoms are too gravy.

Can I kindly ask forum members who have Apple devices to report if and how you are using the DX MAX as DAC and if you have encountered any of the mentioned symptoms?
So far Vince gave me his feedback that he hasn't encountered such issues on his iPad Pro, what about the rest of you?
This would help to identify if I have a faulty unit or if there is a general issue with the USB-implementation against IOS/MAC.
I could then also forward this to my local reseller who yet got in contact with IBASSO but I haven't got any response on this yet unfortunately.
Thx in advance!

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #2,832 of 3,626
Oct 22, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #2,833 of 3,626
Are you trying to use it in AndroidOS for DAC @FooFighter ?

I did notice a while ago that I had some issues with Max and Windows in using USB and file transfer. It would take so long to move a few hundred Mb. I solved this issue by Enabling Developer mode and USB debugging (restarted). I don’t know why, but that was how it started working just fine.

Oct 22, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #2,834 of 3,626
Are you trying to use it in AndroidOS for DAC @FooFighter ?

I did notice a while ago that I had some issues with Max and Windows in using USB and file transfer. It would take so long to move a few hundred Mb. I solved this issue by Enabling Developer mode and USB debugging (restarted). I don’t know why, but that was how it started working just fine.
The DAC issue occurs in both Mango OS and Android.
I will google für Mac OS USB debugging to give this also a try, on IOS I guess there's no such a mode.

Oct 22, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #2,835 of 3,626
The DAC issue occurs in both Mango OS and Android.
I will google für Mac OS USB debugging to give this also a try, on IOS I guess there's no such a mode.
couldn't figure out how to do the USB Debugging, maybe some other forum member will reply who's on MAC/Apple?
I mean you guys cannot be all on Windows/Android only, can you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back