Ibasso DX170 and Ifi Nano IDSD
Apr 23, 2024 at 7:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Spud1969

New Head-Fier
I have bought an IFI Nano IDSD to accompany my Ibasso DX170 in order to drive a pair of RODE NTH 100 headphones. I cannot get it to work , once plugged in to the DX170 the player just won't play , there is no issue if I disconnect the IDSD and plug IDM's straight in to the DX170.
The IDSD will work if I plug it in to my laptop with the supplied lead. I have an OTG lead to connect from the supplied lead that came with the IDSD via the USB female on the DX170.Not sure what I am doing wrong.
There are no instructions with the IDSD as I bought it second hand. I think I have the drivers installed as it will work with my laptop. Help, please, Thankyou

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 3
DX170 can do digital out only via SPDIF. iDSD nano can accept only digital input via USB.
You can't connect them.

Apr 23, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #3 of 3
DX170 can do digital out only via SPDIF. iDSD nano can accept only digital input via USB.
You can't connect them.
Oh bugger. I did ask for a recommendation for a portable amp which I could connect my DX170 to so I could boost the output as I wanted to listen to a pair of Rode NTH 100 and that was what was recommended, looks like I will be sending it back.Thanks for your reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back