iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Sep 21, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #1,561 of 3,129
Yes, it's the latest - v2.11.293*Sept. 1* If you scroll back and read my post(s) # 1509 & 1544 you'll see the history of my issue(s). I've been in touch - and heard back from - both Paul at iBasso and Lurker0. Following their advice and nothing clears the 'null' list on my DX150.

I see...

Strange though, you're having any special characters in the tags, or in the names of the songs?

I experienced something like this that was solved by doing a format of the microSD card. This is very uncomfortable, and I disliked doing it, but it did solve the issue

Sep 21, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #1,562 of 3,129
I see...

Strange though, you're having any special characters in the tags, or in the names of the songs?

I experienced something like this that was solved by doing a format of the microSD card. This is very uncomfortable, and I disliked doing it, but it did solve the issue

Hi. Yes I did reformat the SD card. Before recopying music library, I ran entire music library through the file check utility in foobar2000. This caught just two errors, which I corrected. I had the same random "null" results on DX150 w/FW2.11.293. Same card/library scans perfectly w/FW2.10.275,which I'm sticking with for now.

And of course we all know how time-consuming & frustrating this is!

Sep 22, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #1,563 of 3,129
Interestingly enough I had "null" after installing the new update and doing the rescan. The reason for that was that I was not patient enough. I started rescan again and just left the DAP for a 2 minutes or so.

Sep 22, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #1,564 of 3,129
Interestingly enough I had "null" after installing the new update and doing the rescan. The reason for that was that I was not patient enough. I started rescan again and just left the DAP for a 2 minutes or so.

I wonder if it has to do with the size of the micro sd card? I am using a Samsung EVO+ 256 GB Class 10. It is about 70% filled with FLAC files ripped from my CD collection. There are approximately 700 albums on the card, so rough estimate 7000 tracks.
My scans take considerably longer than 2 minutes- usually between 5-10. Wish mine scanned as fast as yours! I have patiently waited for scans to finish. I even keep the screen awake by extending the sleep time in Display settings. Wonder if there is something wrong with my DX150?

Sep 22, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #1,565 of 3,129
I 've faced the "(null)" problem once as well. I can say, it is a floating problem with no particular reason. Next time it may scan the same track correctly.

Sep 22, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #1,566 of 3,129
I wonder if it has to do with the size of the micro sd card? I am using a Samsung EVO+ 256 GB Class 10. It is about 70% filled with FLAC files ripped from my CD collection. There are approximately 700 albums on the card, so rough estimate 7000 tracks.
My scans take considerably longer than 2 minutes- usually between 5-10. Wish mine scanned as fast as yours! I have patiently waited for scans to finish. I even keep the screen awake by extending the sleep time in Display settings. Wonder if there is something wrong with my DX150?
I have ~14,000 songs on mine with most in ALAC, still only had the null issue once.

Sep 22, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #1,567 of 3,129
I have ~14,000 songs on mine with most in ALAC, still only had the null issue once.

Well, this should be addressed by iBasso ASAP! My DX150 ran perfectly under the two previous FW updates.
V2.11.293 introduced a bug. (Also miss the scan % progress counter. That eliminated the scan completed guesswork!) We 150 (& 200) owners have more money invested in their DAPs than the *potential* DX120 owner. Let's make solving these software issues for current, loyal customers a priority, iBasso.

Sep 22, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #1,568 of 3,129
Well, this should be addressed by iBasso ASAP! My DX150 ran perfectly under the two previous FW updates.
V2.11.293 introduced a bug. (Also miss the scan % progress counter. That eliminated the scan completed guesswork!) We 150 (& 200) owners have more money invested in their DAPs than the *potential* DX120 owner. Let's make solving these software issues for current, loyal customers a priority, iBasso.

From my understanding they are working on it, but it is a slightly dodgy issue, still my undersdtanding is that it is being worked on

Sep 22, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #1,569 of 3,129
Sep 23, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #1,570 of 3,129
gNpaKY8.jpg

Has anyone had a chance to compare iBasso DX150 with the new DX120 regarding SQ yet?

At the moment, the only DX120 review that I know of is @twister6 's at https://twister6.com/2018/09/15/ibasso-dx120/

He says:

"DX120 vs DX150 w/amp6 – 120 has a wider soundstage, brighter/crisper and more reference tonality, and a little less sub-bass rumble in comparison; also the same low level of background hissing. Setting DX120 to slow roll off filter and traditional sound more brings it closer to DX150/amp6 tonality, but still not the same since 120 sounds a little more revealing/transparent in mids. In terms of functionality, 120 has an extra uSD, better battery life, while 150 is bigger, with modular amp, full android with Play store, and Bluetooth wireless."

This looks like quite a competitive DAP at just $299 imho but I'd love to see more reviews regarding SQ.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #1,571 of 3,129
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the forum, but without being a member you guys already helped me a lot with my decision finding for my new DAP.

So since a week I'm a proud owner of a DX150. My only other DAP experience was the new Pioneer xdp 2u. It delivered great audio, even played native MAQ files, but the tiny screen, the plastic housing and the not so good tidal integration let me search for something else. So I ended up with the DX150.

Really happy with the device and it already started to burn in and open up.

But I have a slight problem which is annoying me.
When I listen to tidal streams or tidal offline files as well as listening to downloaded FLAC files, the singing voice is not centered. It's more present in the left speaker. I did try the balance feature and it helps to counter that fact, but then the music is not centered any more. So it's clearly only the voice which is more present in the left headphone speaker.
When I listen to DSD files I don't have this problem. Everything is centered. I also believe it is the worst with 48 khz FLAC files When I listen to 44.1 khz FLAC files it seems normal or almost normal.

I do use the 3.5mm input jack, because I don't have balanced headphones.

So the question is, is this normal? It's really annoying to me after listening for some minutes and the voice is not centered.

Does anybody else had the same problem? Could it be a faulty device?

Thank you all for your help and support!

Greetings from Germany

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #1,572 of 3,129
I believe this was an issue with the previous firmware version. At least had it too before update. Try to install the latest version. Also this is actually a good opportunity to install Lurkers mod. I am also a new DX150 user and really like it.
Greetings from Munich :wink:

Sep 23, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #1,573 of 3,129
I believe this was an issue with the previous firmware version. At least had it too before update. Try to install the latest version. Also this is actually a good opportunity to install Lurkers mod. I am also a new DX150 user and really like it.
Greetings from Munich :wink:

Thanks for your reply!

You mean the latest firmware from September 18. I've read here that are some problems with this version and that most users went back to the previous one.

So do I understand it correctly that it's a software problem?

Sep 24, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #1,575 of 3,129
Thanks for your reply!

You mean the latest firmware from September 18. I've read here that are some problems with this version and that most users went back to the previous one.

So do I understand it correctly that it's a software problem?

Try changing digital filter, gain or standard/full sound setting in settings menu. I had this issue with super slow roll-off filter only. And as advised above - new firmware does not have this issue anymore. Try Lurker's software, it is really great. Mango mode is what I use most of the time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back