iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jul 28, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #1,396 of 3,129
Should be something like "Pace Rhythm Attack Timing" ... essentially means responsiveness/quickness, good PRAT makes you want to boogie/tap your toes. It's a good thing:)

‘and Timing’ :)

Jul 28, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #1,398 of 3,129
Yes, PRaT stands for Pace, Rhythm and Timing

The DX200 has that extra solidness over the DX150 and has more realistic attacks and decays (better transients).

Jul 28, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #1,399 of 3,129
Well, for some reason, I'm having a hell of a time getting my files scanned from the SD card, and into the new player. In the process of working this out and swapping around the SD card a number of times, it launched out of the DX150. Only took 2 hours to find. I really, really hate tiny micro SD cards!

Should the card be formatted in the player or windows? Android asks if it will be used for internal memory or file transfer?

At one point the player said the card was damaged, but windows could read it. Brand new Sandisk card. It's been about 2 hours and still no dice. Had to reload my collection 3 times so far. Didn't expect any trouble with this part.......

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #1,400 of 3,129
OK, I give up. I admit I'm not a big "cellphone guy".

Can someone walk me through this?

I installed all my Flacs on the card, and Windows see's them and they all play. Insert into the player, and Mango does not ask to scan. I then try to manually scan but Mango does not "see" the card.

Exit Mango to Android. Go to Android settings. and android sees the card, but says it is unsupported, and asks to it set up. I have to select Internal storage or portable storage?

Whats next?

I think last time I selected Portable, and went through this whole process loading the Flacs again. An hour later here I am again!. If I select internal, it says it will only work with the player, so how would I load the flacs in Windows?

Ready to smash it!!!!!!! Please help!

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #1,401 of 3,129
OK, I give up. I admit I'm not a big "cellphone guy".

Can someone walk me through this?

I installed all my Flacs on the card, and Windows see's them and they all play. Insert into the player, and Mango does not ask to scan. Manually scan and Mango does not "see" the card.

Exit Mango to Android. Go to Android settings. and android sees the card, but says it is unsupported, and asks to set up. I have to select Internal storage or portable storage?

Whats next?

I think last time I selected Portable, and went through this whole process load the Flacs again. An hour later here I am again!. Ready to smash it!!!!!!!

swipe one more time to the left and a a drawer will appear with scan options

Jul 28, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #1,404 of 3,129
Try this: Go to settings >storage & usb>click the top right corner 3 dots>format(not as internal)

After this, in Windows, create a new folder called "Music" on your sd card and put your music there. When you put it back in dx150 mount it as external storage.

I took my sd card directly from my Sony dap to this one and it didn't scan it or anything, it just worked.

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #1,407 of 3,129
Wait...my Dx200 has folder “DSD512” and it still works LoL. It does not need to be “music”
F88F839D-E3D8-4F6B-95B2-13986B6C19FD.jpeg

Jul 28, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #1,408 of 3,129
Maybe it just needed to be in any folder? Mine were all the root dir originally ?

Anyway that may not have been the whole problem. I pulled the card to load the rest of my flacs and again the DX couldn't see the card. I think the card wasn't seating correctly. Again, I hate Micro SD's. There is no frickin reason for them being so thin. I've snapped 4 in the last 6 months. Grrrrr.

Anyway --- Is it possible that they weren't pushed in enough even though they locked? I was using the edge of a CC to help push them in. Now I'm using my finger nail. pushing in more, and it seems to be finding the card every time? Is that weird? I hope there is is an issue with the SD socket that will get worse after my return period?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #1,409 of 3,129
Ok, here we go, a full detailed DX150 review is HERE, along with the usual massive comparison and pair up sections, and a bonus mini-review of AMP6 vs AMP3, AMP5, AMP7, and AMP8. Plus, in GUI section of the review I covered @Lurker0 fw with a quick overview of Factory Tools required to load it.

ibasso_dx150-15.jpg

Jul 29, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #1,410 of 3,129
Thanks for the detailed review with Lurker's mod.
Your reviews always have enough information for everyone. For the comparison of all the AMP modules of iBasso, everyone refers to your review.

I have been trying to decide between X7II and DX150.
When it comes to detail retrieval and soundstage, which one do you prefer DX150 or X7II? And which has overall better sound quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back