I want to buy Accurate sounding IEM
Apr 11, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #17 of 20
I just bought some Q-Jays, and they sound quite good. I can't offer a comparison between this and Etys or the high end Shures through first-hand experience, but according to reviews, they offer a middle-ground between Etys and Shures, so maybe this might be what you're looking for. The bass is not overpowering, but you can definitely feel it where it should be, and the mid and high frequencies are crystal clear.

Apr 11, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ER4 aren't tonally accurate at all. The Triple.fi or Shure E500 are much more natural sounding.

I agree. The graph that shows that they are close to accurate reproduction of a live show may be there, but there is no personality, no natural warmth to the sound...heck, that could be the missing percentage, for all we know.
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

The ER4 aren't tonally accurate at all. The Triple.fi or Shure E500 are much more natural sounding.

I definitely would not call the E500 natural sounding - they lean more on the warm/euphonic side (assuming you mean neutral from "natural"). I have not heard the Triple.fi, but if it's similar to the UE10, then I completely agree. The IM716 (ER4) is more reminiscent of the UE10 than the E500.

Apr 11, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

I think they both sound natural. You should listen to both of them and decide for yourself. Its the only way.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back