i returned my edition Xs i need help choosing under 400eur replacement
Apr 23, 2024 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mortus

New Head-Fier
so long story short i liked how edition xs sound but comfort was unbearable to me, pressure point on top of my head so to speak ,my budget is around 400euro and i need open back something with good bass quality and not sibilant or harsh in top! power comes from ifi zen air stack ( zen air dac+ zen air amp)

my picks so far from one i am leaning most to least

• aune ar5000- so far i see them praised and they look good seems to be very comfy
  • moondrop para - those 8 ohms make me uncomfortable and qc but i assume planar bass will be there
  • ollo s4x those are suppose to be flat for mixing but i heard they sound nice only part is comfort wise
  • harmodyne zeus elite - i dont like that those are available only from china cant find them stock in eu
  • hifiman he 560 v4 - from hifiman open box those are cheapest form bunch but i dont know i have enough juice for them from zen air can
  • sivga -luan ,Pii especially pii took my interest but i see them way above their mrsp they should cost 350-ish but i see them for over 470eur
  • and last is sundara but i am afraid it would feel like downgrade from edition xs

those below i dont consider for reasons:
Ananda is not on the list because i had them sound wise i returned them for xs and i did not like that they scratch rail on headband part out of box
verum one - after read about threats sending arsenic to people it is nope

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #3 of 7
The sundara won't be a downgrade from XS, it sounds clean and it is pretty comfortable. you could also get the Sennheiser HD600 or the Audio Technica ATH-R70x both very good HP's for their price at 300 euros and the R70x is one most comfortable HP's in my opinion. :)

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #4 of 7
The sundara won't be a downgrade from XS, it sounds clean and it is pretty comfortable. you could also get the Sennheiser HD600 or the Audio Technica ATH-R70x both very good HP's for their price at 300 euros and the R70x is one most comfortable HP's in my opinion. :)
i forgot to put audio technicas r70x and ad900x thx for reminding me those i can have sundaras for 230 eur liek new from amazon maybe i try those as well if not downgrade

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #7 of 7
My advice would be to save a bit more and get a Focal Clear OG.

If you strictly want a planar, Verum one MK2 if you are not into EQ.
If you are going to EQ. Get a Hifiman Ananda Nano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back