I need this, but cleaner and more streamlined. Thoughts? Help?
May 19, 2021 at 1:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

AndroidVageta

500+ Head-Fier
So in a hunt and desire to make my Audeze LCD-i3's my main portable rig (I've got the Koss ESP-950's for the main rig) I've devised this hideous monstrosity:

YG3y4xn.jpg

So this is literally the i3's with a 18-core full length 2.5mm balanced to 2-pin cable going to a Qudelix 5K all zip-tied and electrical taped to a butchered and sacrificial Sony TRH-2 headphone/band.

Yes, it looks gnarly, yes, it feels gnarly, yes it's PORTABLE AND WIRELESS (OMG!), it does sound AMAZING (despite their size the i3's are a TOTL headphone all day through and through and the Qudelix delivers power and sound you couldn't imagine from something it's size and price)...however...it obviously and clearly looks like complete crap.

There's this 3D print here that looks promising:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3273561

I'd however want it to be much more substantial in strength and I'd really want a space or place to attach the Qudelix. As for the cable I'm not a moron with a soldering iron so I'm sure I could make do and create my own solution but I definitely want a better frame.

Anyone have any 3D modeling knowledge and experience and can work some with me? I'd offer compensation for sure and am a pretty trusted member if my sellers feedback on dozens of headphones on this forums is anything to go on.

So yeah, the i3 are definite endgame in terms of sound quality and portability. I mean, I don't know the future but I'm definitely willing (obviously lol) to make these a much better and easier to use item then having them loose in my pocket, wires to deal with, etc...plus they're like $900 so while I don't mind bringing them out with me I do want them secure as possible.

Anyways I'm rambling, let me know if you can assist me, thanks!

Edit: Before someone mentions the Audeze Cipher Bluetooth cable or anything similar I already have the Cipher and other 2-pin Bluetooth cables, I don't trust the 2-pin connections to not have one or both headphones fall off, none of them have the sound quality or power output of the Qudelix, and my current solution or the likes like the 3D print model actually support the weight of the headphone...other solutions don't so I don't have them fall out ever with something like what I've made. So yeah basically there are solutions that allow wireless but not to the same level of sturdiness and ease of mine and sound and power quality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back