I need advice for a friend
Jun 5, 2002 at 7:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

anishbenji

New Head-Fier
My firend wants to buy a home mp3/cd music system. To give you an idea of the quality & price range in mind, the one he chose was the
RCA rs2538 . Can anyone suggest a better system in a similar price range (~$250). Thanks
Anish

Jun 5, 2002 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 6
A 'friend'... Sure... Uh huh, we believe you.

It's OK to admit you listen to MP3s despite that others here may judge you. :wink:

Try searching the forums as I'm sure this has been discussed many times before.

Jun 5, 2002 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 6
Actually it IS for a friend
smily_headphones1.gif
. I listen to MPC's almost exclusively now.The only mp3 player I'd like to get is an Ipod. I would never buy a music system with that as a primary feature. I'd much rather listen to my 333es and keep my compressed music on my harddisk.
Anyway... I did the search & got several threads of just player only systems in the price range.
Anish

Jun 6, 2002 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 6
You might find some good info in this thread if you ignore all the flaming/flame bait/flames over what is flamebait crap.

The title of the thread is a bit misleading given the contents.

Jun 6, 2002 at 7:19 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Nezer
You might find some good info in this thread if you ignore all the flaming/flame bait/flames over what is flamebait crap.

As someone who was trying to keep that thread focused on being productive, I have to agree with you
frown.gif
But yes, there are some very good suggestions in that thread.

Jun 6, 2002 at 9:30 AM Post #6 of 6
My friend found the music system I mentioned earlier for under $200 & has decided to go for that.
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, Nezer, thanks for your help. I will probably find that thread useful later if I decide to get speakers for my system before leaving college.
Anish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back