I know its been covered but looking for first hand opinions - Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO or Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
Nov 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

adhd

New Head-Fier
I've found a lot of reviews on both of these and I've narrowed down my next set of headphones to these two options.I was hoping for feedback from anyone that may have owned both of them.

I spend about 80% of my 8 hour shift at my desk with headphones on. Generally playing straight from my S5. I listen to pretty much anything and everything so I just want something that is going to be comfortable and accurate. 

From what I've read the  DT 770 PRO are more accurate. One of the few cons, if not the only one for me, about this set is the cable is not detachable. I have seen where people will DIY a cable on to these but am uncertain on if I want to spend this much on a set to cut off its cable. Also, I am unsure on which set to get. The 32ohm tends to be recommended when playing straight from a mobile device, but I am also planning on pairing this with a Fiio amp, either the E12 or the E11K. With a portable amp such as these is the 32ohm still the best option or should I get the 80 or 250 ohm?

On the  ATH-M50x, I really like the looks of the  ATH-M50xLE the limited edition blue. I seen a single review that said the limited edition model has slightly different specs and sounds, but no where else mentioned this. Can any one confirm on if the limited edition model is only a different color?

Any help on making this decision would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back