I just want more bass! I know it exists!
Jan 20, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #17 of 27
OP, find the bass head club and ask your question there. You will get better answers.

Seriosuly, and RoMee Stop insulting him we both know it's rude

that said OP the E12 isn't the bassy amp, try getting a Zo2 and it you want MORE BASS, try amping the crap out of a Sony Xb1000, that 70mm with enough ampage should kick you in the face

also I don't remember what it's called but there is this new... device. It's like a portable Sub Woofe, clip your DAP into it, then it into your amp then your headphones into your amp, but it... Physically KICKS. It produces actualy virbations for bass, it seems to work nicely.,.. some one else might remember what it's called. But certianly it could give you that THUMP in your chest your most likely wanting, 

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #18 of 27
  Seriosuly, and RoMee Stop insulting him we both know it's rude

It's not insulting him, it's the cold hard truth. I'm not going to sugar coat it and tell him to keep buying all these headphones with very little bass like the Momentum, that's why he's asking this question. Recommending bass shy audiophile headphones for people who rather feel the bass than hear it is a waste of time. Sometime you need to make the mistake to learn from it.

I see it here too many times where people just ignore the OP and starts recommending their favorite headphones or headphones they want the OP to buy, then the OP end up disappointed like this OP.

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #20 of 27
I agree that the OP might very well end up disappointed with most audiophile type headphones, but surely we can think of something to recommend other than Beats or Skull Candy...This is Head-fi, right? Maybe Sony XB series, M-Audio Q40, or AKG K81DJ plus an amp with a serious bass boost? IDK

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #21 of 27
  It's not insulting him, it's the cold hard truth. I'm not going to sugar coat it and tell him to keep buying all these headphones with very little bass like the Momentum, that's why he's asking this question. Recommending bass shy audiophile headphones for people who rather feel the bass than hear it is a waste of time. Sometime you need to make the mistake to learn from it.

I see it here too many times where people just ignore the OP and starts recommending their favorite headphones or headphones they want the OP to buy, then the OP end up disappointed like this OP.

I don suggest you sugar coat it, but well try some tact

either way the truth is always the best

I had the XB 700 and even with the sound of a BUS engine, that thing still had enough bass to shake my cheek bones. Used to listen to it in public with a Fiio E11, bass setting 2!

But OP

Do try teh DigiZoid amp it's got like a +20 or so db bass boost... which should put a smile on ur face, I hear positives about the Sony XB 910 as well, and I agree with man Bear, any and EVERY day of the week my XB 700 sounded better than every pair of Beats Dr Dre shoved out, I was a high Schooler when I had my XB 700 so I did a LOT of A/B testing

Jan 20, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #22 of 27
Yeah xb1000 and zo2 really kicks. Tried that combo once. If that's not enough bass I doubt OP will find anything remotely close to audiophile quality with enough bass.

Jan 20, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #23 of 27
Yeah xb1000 and zo2 really kicks. Tried that combo once. If that's not enough bass I doubt OP will find anything remotely close to audiophile quality with enough bass.

I figured it would, 

Jan 21, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #24 of 27
thanks for all the suggestions! the product page for the Z02 is interesting(out of stock $250 used 120 new lol). yea I guess from the feedback maybe i got rid of a good pair of pro 900s because the e12 has poor bass? oh well they wanted a lot of money for those and now they want more :D i wish i had just kept those now. ideally i would like to just turn my dt770 into bass monsters. the vmodas look well built. I fell in love with the velour earpads already its hard to go back to leather. thanks for all the feedback this went better than expected. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #25 of 27
How about replacing the pads on your DT770-80 from velour to pleather? It increases bass. Maybe not enough for you, but maybe worth a try.
Seriously I can't describe dt770-80 as bass shy under no song. A/B-ing them to grado sr-80, akg k242hd, ath m50 makes them feel almost as a "bass-only" headphone sometime, more punchy bass when amped.

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #26 of 27
  thanks for all the suggestions! the product page for the Z02 is interesting(out of stock $250 used 120 new lol). yea I guess from the feedback maybe i got rid of a good pair of pro 900s because the e12 has poor bass? oh well they wanted a lot of money for those and now they want more :D i wish i had just kept those now. ideally i would like to just turn my dt770 into bass monsters. the vmodas look well built. I fell in love with the velour earpads already its hard to go back to leather. thanks for all the feedback this went better than expected. 

you REALLY want a Bass Monster... get an Z02 then get ur DT 770 modded into a Darth Beyer 

Google Darth Beyer, but for $500... [I know that's a lot] you can get ur DT 770 turned into one of the bassiest Cans in existances... I know guys... in your shoes on the bass head thread and they swear it's worth every penny... plus it looks good and custom headphones are cool! 

Still the zo2 should help you out! They pop up here on head fi from time to time 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back