I just got my Beyer DT250-80!!!
Sep 19, 2002 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

salz

New Head-Fier
I have one quick question, since I haven't used them yet. Someone mentioned hooking up my headphones directly to my computer's sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer). However, I have a much more user friendly connection which is part of my Altec Lansing Speaker setup (Altec Lansing 641's). There's a small wired control for the speakers that sits next to my monitor and it has a headphone jack. Which one should I use? Does it matter? I'm inclined to use the connection from my speakers because it is setup in a way that I can adjust treble and bass from the control center, and it would also be easier to control volume. As I said before, I'm a noob, so I don't know if it matters where I connect the headphones. Thanks.

-Salz
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 19, 2002 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Hey, mine are coming today as well, should be here in a few hours
smily_headphones1.gif
. My friend has the AL 641 and he plugged the headphones into that headphone jack on the 641 "remote". It sounded just as good as when he plugged into his sound-card. Plus it is much more convenient being able to switch from headphones to speakers. By the way, where did you get your beyer's from?

Mako

Sep 19, 2002 at 5:20 PM Post #3 of 4
Ok, so I plugged it into the remote headphone jack and all I have to say is wow. If they sound this good now, and many headphones have a break in period, then I can't wait to hear these at their best. The remote jack was definitely the way to go, because as I was told, these headphones don't have the booming bass that some other headphones do (at normal sound settings). But the bass adjustment on my remote fixed that right away (when I wanted more bass, which depended on the song). And don't get me wrong, these headphones have plenty of bass. To anyone reading this, please realize that this is my first pair of high quality headphones, so it was probably expected that I would be blown away. To everyone who recommended these for counter-strike, you were right, there was very nice positioning of the sound. So I'm just going to sit here until my next class listening to all of my music and smiling. Thanks to everyone who recommended these to me, and feel free to give me any tips of keeping them in good shape (I'm definitely going to make an effort to maintain these).

-Salz
smily_headphones1.gif

To MakoFury - You're going to be very happy
biggrin.gif
I got mine from www.headphone.com . I found one place that sold them for about $15 less, but they weren't in stock and I really wasn't in any mood to wait for them to come back in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back