I got a Dual 1241, need new cart
Aug 4, 2006 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fetus

Head-Fier
I picked up a Dual 1241 on ebay for under $50 shipped and it came with a Shure M91ED cart with a rather worn out stylus. Now I would have no qualms with keeping this cart save that it seems that it is already difficult to find replacement styli for it and it seems that it would only get worse down the road.
Thus I come to the vinyl nuts for recommendations on new carts to look into.
I already have a spare P-mount cart (a Technics P-28, with new stylus) which came with my Technics SL-Q6 turntable and the standard adapter for it. I am going to try using that on my Dual for the time being, yet I still wish to get a cartridge which would shine with my Dual turntable.

Sep 16, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 2
Well as far as I know, that model is an auto, stander-mount. Since you spent ess than $50.00 on it, and it's not a very serious machine, I'd look for carts in the $20-$40 range. The Stanton 500 series comes to mind and I'm sure that Shure and Pickering both have models in that range too. Check Todd's site, www.ttvj.vom or Jerry Raskin's Needle Doctor www.needledoctor.com for what would fit your taste and budget best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back