I’m ringing out wires but everything is showing continuity?
Jun 25, 2023 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

some dude

Head-Fier
I’m re-terminating a headphone cable and I need to ring them out to see which is which at this point but no matter which part of the connection I touch I get continuity. It is a single strand wire and if I touch left right or ground on either side of the headphone connection it is still showing resistance and ringing out. Is that normal? Do I just go with the one showing least resistance?

Jun 26, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #2 of 3
I’m re-terminating a headphone cable and I need to ring them out to see which is which at this point but no matter which part of the connection I touch I get continuity. It is a single strand wire and if I touch left right or ground on either side of the headphone connection it is still showing resistance and ringing out. Is that normal? Do I just go with the one showing least resistance?
Do you have a picture of the wire, are you re-terminating both the headphone side and amp side

Jun 26, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #3 of 3
Do you have a picture of the wire, are you re-terminating both the headphone side and amp side
I am now. I took the headphone side apart to try and see if maybe wires were touching or something but it was glued and the solder came apart. Some wires still seem to ring out across multiple wires even when totally separated though. Is it possible that some wires that run close together could have enough induction on each other to ring out? There is typically 1 wire with a lower resistance than the other few that ring out with it. Maybe I need to inspect the cables closer to see if the is a point that got pinched and broke the the shielding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back