Hyper x revolver s Yamaha
Jul 3, 2020 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Redemption2

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, greetings from Argentina.
Searching the web for information I came across this forum, hopefully it will continue.
It turns out that I have a Yamaha rxv475 and headphones of the hyper x brand (revolver s).
It comes with a virtual sound dolby 7.1 dac dongle but with the release of the last of us 2 I want to get the most out of it.
For this reason consider connecting these to yamaha and my question arises if the best option is dolby 5.1 dts 5.1 or pro logic 2 game.
The pcm option is only 2.0 and the yanaha doesn't do the decoding work there.
honestly the dac that includes the earphone is good but it has a slight white background noise and the maximum volume is not enough.
What dou you recommend ?

Thank you

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 5
Run HDMI from PC to Yamaha. run HDMI from Yamaha to computer monitor, enable Yamaha's Silent Cinema, connect headphones to Yamaha.

Jul 3, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #4 of 5
thanks for the reply :)

I don't have a pc at the moment.
The 475 only supports HDMI 1.4 so I have the ps4 pro connected with Toslink.
Yamaha RX-V475 only supports HDMI 1.4, does not sound right?
I would be surprised if the PS4 would not work with the RX-V475, thru HDMI.

S/PDIF (optical/coaxial) wise, the Yamaha should be able to decode (un-compress) both Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1
DTS might(?) have a slight advantage in audio quality.

You might consider getting headphones in the 150-Ohm to 250-Ohm range, better headphone damping control, when is comes to receivers.
Poor damping can cause stuff like a bloated (louder, less detailed) bass in headphones.

Jul 3, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Yamaha RX-V475 only supports HDMI 1.4, does not sound right?
I would be surprised if the PS4 would not work with the RX-V475, thru HDMI.

S/PDIF (optical/coaxial) wise, the Yamaha should be able to decode (un-compress) both Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1
DTS might(?) have a slight advantage in audio quality.

You might consider getting headphones in the 150-Ohm to 250-Ohm range, better headphone damping control, when is comes to receivers.
Poor damping can cause stuff like a bloated (louder, less detailed) bass in headphones.

yes of course ps4 pro accepts up to hdmi 2.0 but it turns out that the game contains hdr and 4k (for this reason I must connect it to the tv directly.
I was testing these days and DTS is definitely better, although for the 30ohms a certain distortion is generated when the volume is lowered.
Consider buying a post-pandemic beyer 250 or similar.
But at this moment I have the revolutions and I want to extract the juice as much as possible. Although they are called "gamer" it has an outstanding sound, especially in the media.

https://www.hyperxgaming.com/unitedstates/us/headsets/cloud-revolver-gaming-headset

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back