HRT DSP / iDSP
Mar 28, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #76 of 79
if anyone selling idsp message

May 11, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #77 of 79
DO NOT BUY  IDSP AND AVOID AUDIO FREAKS

I have had two HRT iDSP models now and both have malfunctioned. Both seemed to develop a loose connection which meant that the audio would dropout and fail to work. For a portable product, it just doesn't make any sense. The quality of these products is so bad that I would not recommend purchase.

It's worth just paying more and getting something that actually works rather than ending up with a useless plastic box that doesn't do anything.

Another point of note is the main UK supplier of the HRT products is Audio Freaks. There are many threads already about the rude Audio Freaks sales advisor who goes by the name of Branko Bozic. His customer service levels are remarkably poor to put it politely, so I wouldn't count on getting a refund when the i dsp fails (which it inevitably will). I would not recommend this product at all, as when it fails, you're probably going to get some rude emails from Branko, as well as no prospect of a refund.

Jul 12, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #78 of 79
so... I'm looking at getting a used Microstreamer atm but considering this thing has been released, should I just try and import the DSP instead? I eman it will cost me more than gettign the Microstreamer, but I'm unsure about how they pair up agianst eachother if they were to be at about the same price level.

Apr 5, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #79 of 79
Do any knows if the hrt i-dsp can drive the sennheiser HD 650 well? Thanks

I guess this is an unexpectedly late reply :D
But yes, it can drive it and manages quite well for its size and price.

I actually asked the same question in this thread earlier without luck, but recently I acquired the Sennheiser/massdrop HD6xx (HD650 equivalent) and tried the iDSP with those myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back