HP-2 unsigned cable to ultra wideband cable, dooible?
Oct 16, 2007 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Clony

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, any chance to get hp-2 whit unsigned cable to grado to re-cable to ultra wideband cable?

Or any who have one loose for sale?

Thanks!

PS. Is the APureSound with its new and last V3 Headphone Cables a good choice?

Ohh
frown.gif
i'm not a fan of re-cabling as i want the original..

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #2 of 12
Not sure if Grado can do it, if you call them they should be able to give you Joe Grado's number in South Carolina. He is the one to talk to about recabling, as he would be the one that would have any cables, but he might not either. If you do send him your cans, you can expect a 6-8 month wait though to get them back.

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #6 of 12
Many people are raving about the APureSound V3 cables & I can attest to work, speed, and professionalism of Alex of APureSound--great communication & personal commitment when dealing with him. I recommend you contact him through his website, and see what he says about custom recabling your phones.

Good luck.

Oct 17, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many people are raving about the APureSound V3 cables & I can attest to work, speed, and professionalism of Alex of APureSound--great communication & personal commitment when dealing with him. I recommend you contact him through his website, and see what he says about custom recabling your phones.

Good luck.

I have to second that - Alex's cables are the next best thing since sliced bread

Oct 17, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good luck.

the cables may be nice, but dont let him take the rust out of the driver cups. i seem to recall aluminum not turning red/brown when it rusts and a thread about the man who sold the product to grado...

anyways, the unsigned cable has been commented in a couple places to sound BETTER than the JGSUWBC. crazyness, hunh?

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #10 of 12
Forget about the ultrawide band cable, i don't think it is as durable and long last as that of rs-1 cable, I also find a lot of it becoming obsolete and damaged as time goes by.

the best way to perserve this cable is to detach it and keep it in stash
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

just like me
very_evil_smiley.gif

replace the cable to Zu mobius for sen. cable and keep it into drawer.
icon10.gif

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

Oct 17, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #11 of 12
Hehe, do you want to sell your original grado cable to me cwilson??
wink.gif

How was the sound after recabling it to Zu mobius?

I know many headfiers out there are hating us for having this discussion about cracking these babies up for recable. I my self is not a fan of it...
tongue.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe, do you want to sell your original grado cable to me cwilson??
wink.gif

How was the sound after recabling it to Zu mobius?

I know many headfiers out there are hating us for having this discussion about cracking these babies up for recable. I my self is not a fan of it...
tongue.gif

Sorry !!!! it will not be sold.

What i quote the above is aimed at suggest you to try another cable

anyway, i prefer the Zu cable to the ultrawide band cable, as the former has improve both the mid-range and soundstage obivously.
lambda.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back