How to search the forum ? (yeh - this is real)
Feb 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

yanival

New Head-Fier
I can't believe that I have to ask this, but can anyone assist with the search function of the forums:
I would like to see all posts that involve the words "E4c" AND "UM3x". If I do regular search for those 2 words then I get tons of irrelevant results. For example, many users have one of the words in their signature, so I get all of the posts that those users wrote - even if they are talking about cakes and wine.
When trying to do advance search by post title (thus bypassing the signature issue mentioned above), I couldn't find a way to see only posts that includes both words. Instead, the results show all of the posts that include one of the words.

Any idea how could I find posts that mention both E4c and UM3x ? (and not in the writer's signature
normal_smile .gif
)

Feb 22, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go to "search". Type e4c um3x in the Google search box and press enter.

Try this, and watch the results: Most of the hits are of posts by people that has E4c in their signature - even though E4c does not appear in the post.

Feb 22, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go here:
Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - Search Forums

Under Search by Keyword use the drop down menu to change to Search Tiles Only.

You can further narrow it by using the Search in Forum(s) list to select a specific forum.

How can I do look for occurrence of both words in the same post? In the search function you linked to I'm getting posts with either one of the words (I tried typing "E4c AND UM3x", but the AND doesn't work)

Feb 22, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #8 of 10
Got it. Now the boolean search works for me. Don't know why it wasn't before. And head-fi search actually eliminates the signatures (as opposed to the google search). Thanks everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back