How to increase headphone clamping force?
Aug 12, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #16 of 24
  You can use a heat gun to change the shape of plastic that's not an issue, whether you should is another matter. If you wanted more punch you should have bought an over the ear headphone in the end though.

I've owned like 50 headphones. (See profile.) What's crazy is that this tiny thing that looks and feels like a cheap toy actually sonically competes at the $100-300 level, and even has more dynamics/impact/punch than plenty of much larger headphones, even without applying the clamp. But the clamp improves the sound in other ways too.

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #22 of 24
If I were in your situation I'd get a second pair and remove the headphones from the band. Then I would take a metal strip and bend it to the contour of your head so that it rests on your ears, but doesn't apply pressure to them. Then I would attach the headphones and wire them back together, carefully soldering them back into place .after that I would tape the wire to the band, put a peice of memory foam there, and cover that with cloth, carefully wrapping it around the band and stitching it closed. Might seem like Mitch for a $15 pair of headphones, but it would be an amusing project for a few days and you might get an amazing pair of headphones out of it (depending on your soldering skills).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back