How to heal a scraped face
Jan 20, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #31 of 36
That doesnt look too bad (just incredibly widespread), not very deep atleast in the pictures. I doubt you have to fear scars, time should heal them just fine. Scars come mostly from very deep cuts or bruises where damage reaches very deep. This is just from the picture that is.

Jan 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #32 of 36
Those will heal fine. The main goal is to encourage what's known as tissue "granulation" i.e. new cell growth in the wound. Whether it be vaseline, A&D ointment, neosporin they are all essentially oil based which don't allow the skin to overtly dry too quickly and scar formation to occur.

Jan 20, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #33 of 36
I remember when I was in junior high and flew off my bike face first on the tarmac. Ripped off skin from my nose and had the proverbial bloody nose (except a ore scary looking one). Took me a month and a bit more to fully recover. I did visit the general physician and a dermatologist.
On the bright side, I did have 3 awesome looking girls from high school take me home while gushing over me all the way.

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #35 of 36
I scrape my face every time I shave.......    
ph34r.gif

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #36 of 36
The proper care of an abrasion is to clean it twice daily (avoid hydrogen peroxide, which is toxic to keratinocytes) and then apply a think layer of either vaseline or polysporin ointment (not neosporin, which people tend to get allergic to). Continue with this until the abrasion is healed. Moist wounds heal well; dry wounds do not. The patient does not require oral antibiotics for an abrasion--that is overkill. That's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back