How to get all audio(out) through USB on Android.
Oct 3, 2016 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

elyk864

New Head-Fier
Noob here, I have done a lot of research online but I have not been able to find a solution to my problem.

What does work: Audio out through USB using USB Audio Player Pro - using music that is stored locally on the device.

What does NOT work: Audio out through USB using for example Youtube. When I play a Youtube video the audio will not convert over to USB or normal phone speakers(only when the DAC is plugged in)

Hardware being used:

- Motorola Nexus 6 (running Marshmallow)
     - FiiO Alpen 2 DAC   (also tried with Oppo HA-2)
     - OTG cable
     - V-Moda M-100 (Headphones)

I think that is all the info you will need, please ask me if you need anything else. It's driving me nuts not being able to figure this out.

Oct 13, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 6
I have a Nexus 6, but don't have an OTG cable to test. I know that the Alpen 2 (E17K) isn't necessarily supported in Android.

It's odd, though, that audio out through normal audio files works (I'm curious if other audio players other than USB Audio Player work) but YouTube etc doesn't.

Have you enabled it as an audio source? Developer Options > Select USB Configuration > Audio Source

Otherwise, I'm not sure. Are you running stock? Custom ROM? Custom Kernel?

Oct 13, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 6
I have a Nexus 6, but don't have an OTG cable to test. I know that the Alpen 2 (E17K) isn't necessarily supported in Android.

It's odd, though, that audio out through normal audio files works (I'm curious if other audio players other than USB Audio Player work) but YouTube etc doesn't.

Have you enabled it as an audio source? Developer Options > Select USB Configuration > Audio Source

Otherwise, I'm not sure. Are you running stock? Custom ROM? Custom Kernel?

My Nexus 6 is bone stock, I did try the Audio Source selection through the Dev options but it didn't work. I'll have to go back and try again just in case I was not thinking straight after messing with it for hours to get it to work.

Oct 14, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 6
  Noob here, I have done a lot of research online but I have not been able to find a solution to my problem.

What does work: Audio out through USB using USB Audio Player Pro - using music that is stored locally on the device.

What does NOT work: Audio out through USB using for example Youtube. When I play a Youtube video the audio will not convert over to USB or normal phone speakers(only when the DAC is plugged in)

Hardware being used:

- Motorola Nexus 6 (running Marshmallow)
     - FiiO Alpen 2 DAC   (also tried with Oppo HA-2)
     - OTG cable
     - V-Moda M-100 (Headphones)

I think that is all the info you will need, please ask me if you need anything else. It's driving me nuts not being able to figure this out.

If only UAPP works then that means USB audio output isn't natively supported by your phone. The only way to get that to work is to get an Android-specific DAC (kind of like Made for iPod badge), or you get a phone that supports it natively even without UAPP.

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #6 of 6
If only UAPP works then that means USB audio output isn't natively supported by your phone. The only way to get that to work is to get an Android-specific DAC (kind of like Made for iPod badge), or you get a phone that supports it natively even without UAPP.

I'd be surprised if the Nexus line didn't support it, but it's possible.

I wish I had an OTG cable so I could check. Not sure if just any cable (other than a USB C cable) would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back