How much would this affect sound quality?
Jul 4, 2003 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mclaren20

Headphoneus Supremus
I used the search and found nothing...

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=274%2D883

I might be picking up some mini to RCA IC's and for now all i need is mini to mini, i already have one like that for something else, its the same but not gold plated. so would this affect the sound much? and this isnt of a high end rig either...

Jul 5, 2003 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 12
It's really hard to tell whether it will make an audible enough difference. I would prefer to get a RCA to mini cable instead but if you have a better RCA cable it might negate the effects of it. Either way it's not like the RCA to mini cables out there are that great of quality and value anyways so it's worth a try at least.

Jul 5, 2003 at 12:38 AM Post #5 of 12
I've used this before. It doesn't affect the sound quality much.

Jul 5, 2003 at 3:39 AM Post #6 of 12
well i have the oppritunity to get a rather cheap mini to RCA, but untill i upgrade my amp, i will need a mini to mini, so ill have to use that thing.
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2003 at 5:29 PM Post #8 of 12
get a zucable pivot from ebay from adam about 30-50 bux usually ... pretty tight... beats the crap outta the monsters...

Jul 18, 2003 at 2:25 PM Post #10 of 12
Get the Acoustic Research rca-> mini from best buy. <$20 and great for its value. Step up a bit and go for the Zu cable if you don't mind spending a bit more.

Jul 18, 2003 at 2:30 PM Post #11 of 12
be careful that the any interconnects you buy do not have big connectors, or you may have trouble fitting them on that.

or you could get the cable version of that, i believe radioshack makes a small 3" cable that's mini (male) -> rca (female).

Jul 18, 2003 at 2:32 PM Post #12 of 12
I think it's a matter of what the IC's you will be using with the adapter and what mini to RCA cable you would be talking about possibly buying. I've used the Radio Shack RCA to mini adapter with a pair of $200 IC's and it sounded fine to me. Hirsch says this little adapter worked well for him too. I guess if you are going to use a pair of $10 IC's with this adapter versus a $50 Zu Pivot mini to RCA then you are quite possibly talking apples and oranges. The Zu Pivot, for example, is high quality and would likely kick the crap out of a cheap $10 IC with an adapter. Consider the quality of the cables you are talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back