How much has the headwize music forum affected your tastes?
Jul 9, 2001 at 1:11 AM Post #16 of 18
Hmm, I'll second that about Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst. Well, maybe I Reaaaally like the band, but Fred is such a slly bunt. As far as Korn goes, I've been listening to Mr. Rogers a lot this week. What their guitar work lacks in technical oomph, it makes up for in soundscapes and mood setting . Btw, Life is Peachy is THE best sounding cd I have when paired up with my ultra-bright Sony cdp.

And oh yes, I think everyone here has been even a little bit influenced by Neruda's Thievery Corp. lobbying
smily_headphones1.gif
. I love the K&D DJ Kicks contribution; it has all the qualities I look for in music! (that's in another thread in this forum). Thievery suffers sound quality-wise in that their samples come from old, mostly mono records. Their discs don't flatter my Grados at all. Their dub work kicks ass though.

I can't say I'm a real hip hop fan, but Outkast is close enough. <- I luv em.

Jul 9, 2001 at 2:21 AM Post #17 of 18
Well, I've spent couple of hundred bucks on CDs recommended here, but they were in my genre (classical) so no change there, plus I generally still prefer recordings I had from before. I *did* however got quite a few mp3's before demise of Napster with Jazz recommendations from folks here, so I did end up digging a bit more into Jazz thanks to HeadWize. I'll be spending some more money on Jazz CDs once I get the "time".

Jul 9, 2001 at 6:36 AM Post #18 of 18
Yeah, I've picked up a couple classical and one jazz disc from the recommendations here/headwize. Miles Davis' Kind of Blue really sounds well for its old age sonically, and artistically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back