"HOW DO" Connecting a stereo receiver to a pc
Mar 18, 2008 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

brown274

100+ Head-Fier
I have decided that I am going to use my stereo receiver and get some Aperion intimus 4B bookshelves. Since aperion has the 30 trial with free shipping both ways, hot diggy dog. How are you guys hooking up the receiver to your PC.

1. Receiver - RCA - 3.5 - soundcard
2. Receiver - RCA - 3.5 - Amp DAC
3. Something like this Xitel Precision Audio Technology

What would give you the best sound?

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 5
I forgot to say that this will not be hooked up to my home stereo. I will have the receiver and speakers on my cpu desk. This will replace my current logitech 2.1. The reciever will be about 2ft from my pc tower!

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #4 of 5
i'd just go with a decent 3.5mm to RCA cable, thats how i've got my amp connected for my headphones

if you wanna get spendy, try AudioQuest or similar out, if not, just go for something with thick-ish insulation and good connectors on the ends

as far as sound card vs dac in the reciever
depends on the reciever and the sound card, what do you have?

Mar 19, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 5
Your message is a bit confusing. It depends on what kind of a sound card you have. If you have a great soundcard with analog outputs, you'd just need a cable. If you have a soundcard with digital output, you'd need a dac (or a receiver that accepted digital inputs). If you have neither, then you need some kind of a sound card, either one that goes inside your computer (pci) or one that connects to a USB port. There are sound cards of different quality ranging from a few dollars to big bucks. Maybe you should start by telling us what you've got and how much you want to spend, and then we can try to give you advice.

By the way, as I posted in another thread, I have the xitel, and I think it's junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back