How did you start buying music?
Oct 26, 2002 at 7:54 PM Post #16 of 19
with me, it all started when i was about 4 or 5, when my dad gave me and my brother a fisher price record player. We had the jiminy cricket lp, as well as a bunch of my dad's scratched records that he didn't want anymore. Me and my brother would always hear "boys don't cry" on the radio, (which was always material to make fun of our younger sister with) and enjoyed it a lot. Our dad eventually bought us a 45" of that song, and we were set. We started to buy our own records with out allowance. This was in 1989, mind you, so we didn't have CD's quite yet.

Why do i feel so old?!?!?! I'm only 18 damnit!!!

There must be other people here who grew up with records??? Right?

Oct 27, 2002 at 1:29 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

I never meant to imply that I think they're "sellouts", I just stated that other people are always branding them as it...

Oops, my bad.
redface.gif
It seems like we agree then.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Thinking about it, Ixnay is probably my favorite too; it definitely has some of my favorite songs of theirs on it. The Meaning of Life, Gone Away, All I want, Amazed, Change the World...

I would rank them: Ixnay, Smash, Americana, Conspiracy, Offspring, Ignition

Quote:

I'm slowly but surely moving away from MP3s as I try to get into higher end audio...or at least something besides rock bottom.

I moved away from mp3s completely as soon as I got my Etys. Now that I've put some money into a system, I can't imagine going to mp3 again.

Quote:

Is it just me or do you think "Original Prankster" is a horrible, horrible song? It seemed extremely out of place on Conspiracy of One. It was otherwise a great album.

Horrible? Maybe, maybe not. I like how they rhyme the prison Cheno(sp?) with Janet Reno. It's a fun song to listen to on decent headphones, but as far as songs go it is pretty crappy/radio bait. There are at least four other songs on the album that I like a lot better than Prankster. If all of their songs start sounding like Prankster, then I will call them sellouts, but trying to get one song on the radio and making the rest of better quality is fine with me. If nothing else it introduces people to the Offspring. Ixnay received virtually no radio play IIRC, so I can understand why they tried to get at least one song on the radio after that.

Oct 27, 2002 at 3:16 AM Post #19 of 19
started listening to the radio when i was around 8, in the mid to late eighties. so i had a whole list of embarassing 80s faves which i won't list here hahaha.

... then GnR struck big around 88/89, and i went out and bought "Appetite For Destruction" on cassette. which i ended up buying again twice because i wore it out. (yeah, i liked it that much). strangely enough, i haven't got round to getting it on cd as yet. go figure.

then i got into hardcore punk and metal in the early 90s, around the time when tapes were on their way out. and here i now stand, up to my ass with 560 cds and counting...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back