How about another Kansas City meet?
Dec 9, 2004 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ilikemonkeys

500+ Head-Fier
I've got a bunch of fun toys to share.

This time it will not be in a basement so that we can include all that wish to join in the fun.

Anytime is good for me.......

BILL

Dec 9, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 11
Sounds good to me. Almost done with the semester!
orphsmile.gif

Jan 1, 2005 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 11
Lawrence or Kansas City? I have a job again, so I'll bring beer!

Laz

Jan 1, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #5 of 11
No more labwork - after nearly thirty years of on-my-feet, I've got a desk job, and I just love it! Did you get the Thorens set up to your satisfaction?

Laz

Happy fezes to you...

Jan 2, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #6 of 11
Hey Guys,
I'll be glad to host again sometime if you want to come to Lawrence. I have my big Fisher now, and a Stereotech (Mcintosh) receiver that I picked up at a pawn shop in Michigan while on a business trip. Both sound fabulous with the DT880s. I'd like to hear some more of you guys's music selections too.
January is a bit crazy for me, how about mid February?
BK

Jan 2, 2005 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 11
whenever, as long as its on the weekend.

All I have different is a Rio Karma and a tube amp I built, THAT I LOVE!

Yes, Laz, I love the Thorens. I cant thank yo uenough for all your help setting it up with me. I never could have done it without you. I got a "Set-up" record without grooves, and readjusted a little, ut no noticiable difference.

I'm off to Austin.

Take care all.

BILL

Jan 2, 2005 at 5:18 PM Post #8 of 11
Bill, I wold absolutely love to see your shop. Do you think we could do a tour? Do you have anything set up around that time?

And, remember that we have to do it in a different location. The local libraries can let you use a conference room for no or little cost. I'm sure I could get a room at UMKC if we needed it.

Could anyone get a room at KU? Maybe in the conservatory, like a "quiet room"?

B

Jan 2, 2005 at 7:23 PM Post #9 of 11
Bill,
I only offer my place in Lawrence because nobody else has done so.

Plus side: it's quiet, we can have beer, lots of room and places to plug in, we can stay as late as we want, and best of all - it's free.

Minus side: problems with both cat allergies and access, although it is only 3 steps down from the garage.

In the spring when the weather is warmer, I could roll the boat out and we could use my garage - kind of a mild industrial setting with lots of woodworking machines and marine engine stuff - could be fun. We certainly could use the Reuter lunchroom, but it is a somewhat noisy space, especially if there is talking, plus we really can't have beer there (not a huge deal for me, we can always drink later). I have no connections at KU. Can somebody set something up in KC?? Anybody have any church connections for space use? I'll make the trip if I'm in town.

As for an organ factory tour, I'll check the schedule for when an instrument will be up and playing.

Jan 2, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #10 of 11
Bill, I'm sure that I can get a study room at UMKC. They have a pretty large classical and jazz vinyl collection there. It would really suck to lug all the equipment in there, but Its a possibility if no one else has one.

BILL

Jan 2, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #11 of 11
Go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back