How about an Ottawa meet?
Oct 22, 2002 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
I have offered to host a larger Eastern Ontario/Western Quebec meet but maybe to start things off earlier, I can host an Ottawa meet. I know there are a few of us here in Ottawa. I am thinking Dec 14 or 15th. I am heavy into papers and exams now and my classes will be finished the week of the 14th. I know Beagle will be interested as he and I have chatted about getting together, Dlow may come out, he is in Ottawa. Mbriant has mentioned he would make the treck. So how about the Ottawa people make themselves known and we get a good listing of who is about and where we can meet. My place is not huge, but I do have one large room we could set up in. It's only an apartment though, so if someone has a free basement we could all monopolize for a few hours that would be cool. I am willing to bring all my gear since it will be local.

Oct 23, 2002 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 11
Looks pretty good for me too!

Oct 26, 2002 at 12:20 PM Post #3 of 11
Okay, as soon as I get my final exam schedule I will confirm the date and then post it here. Omer from Oz Enterprises has already agreed to come by and he said he would bring some gear (he has Cary stuff
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2002 at 3:50 AM Post #4 of 11
Okay, my last exam is the 9th of Dec meaning the 14th of Dec rocks hard for me.

So who is in? and what can we have here?

I will have the stuff listed in my profile, and I will try to get some other stuff here somehow...

Nov 14, 2002 at 9:10 PM Post #7 of 11
Well, my place is not huge but I will accomodate as many people as possible. There is a school that is right near my place which we could hopefully use. Grab a massive classroom, setup shop and go for it. It is within walking distance, less than 1 minute from my house, so I am willing to crate my Shanling there. I figure we will have 10+ people when it is all said and done. I think I should start talking to Headroom and inquire about some demo amps.

Nov 27, 2002 at 4:40 AM Post #10 of 11
me for sure. Hope your house is not so far from bayshore.

Probably another my friends will go with me. So let's say 2 people are counted.

Thanks Zanth

please send your address to my email at "klavier_28@yahoo.ca"

Nov 29, 2002 at 1:33 PM Post #11 of 11
Okay, so those who are coming, please email me and I will email you directions to my place and my phone number. It looks VERY good for a local dealer who is also a head-fier (lurker) to come and bring his Jolida tube cd player and his Roksan cd player. Omer is his name, OZ Enterprise is his shop. He is an incredible guy and I hope he can make it. And not just so we can use his cd players. Although, truthfully, I don't want to only have one good front-end.

My email:
zanth
at
xyu
dot
ca

Blasted Web spiders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back