House of Blues @ HOB.com - Watch/listen to concerts
Aug 7, 2001 at 3:23 AM Post #2 of 9
I feel so compelled to bump this one up again -- only 10 views? People -- this is a great great thing! I mean, so many of you guys are into classic to progressive rock, and holy smokes, a butt load of artists have played at HOB. Please do check it out -- it's free.
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2001 at 3:49 AM Post #3 of 9
whoa! Thatz awesome neil.

I am not that much into HOB stuff - but for free?! I like anything....well.....almost anything...

Aug 8, 2001 at 2:37 AM Post #4 of 9
But the House of Blues stuff is so diverse. I mean, they have goofy stuff like the Jim Rose Circrus (on video, of course), to Sixpence None The Richer (a pop/Christian band), pluff like Blink 182, hair bands like Motley Crue, old school like Frampton, Kid Rock, 80s Duran Duran, progressive female like Ani DiFranco -- how could you not find something in there you like? It's all there in an between (with exception to classical). Dang, they even have Latin and Jazz!

Okay, that's my last post. I'm sounding like a used cars salesman. And the windows go down too! Look'a that! Ain't she a beaut?

Nov 18, 2001 at 12:18 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by neil
But the House of Blues stuff is so diverse. I mean, they have goofy stuff like the Jim Rose Circrus (on video, of course), to Sixpence None The Richer (a pop/Christian band).

Goofy? Sixpence None The Richer...goofy? (Ok so Kiss Me is kind of a dumb song but it wasn't even meant to be on the album). Anyway just had to post something on that because Sixpence is my one true love in the rock music genre. And "Pop" does not really give them credit. Listen to their second release (This Beautiful Mess), and then listen to the one with Kiss Me on it but skip that song. Then say they are just a pop group. Sorry for getting so excited. I love the band and don't think they ever get the respect they deserve.

Jamie

Homepage: http://methnen.dyndns.org

Nov 18, 2001 at 12:20 AM Post #8 of 9
Ohh and Sixpence's "morning become eclectic" session on the HOB site is incredible. I managed to get a copy of the master for it. One of the best live acoustic performances I have ever heard.

Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back