Home audio setup help. Bookshelves + receiver?
Dec 24, 2015 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

esn89

100+ Head-Fier
I'm pretty dead-set on Audioengine speakers on my book shelf. The only problem now is that I don't know how to get my music to it: I have a raspberry pi (my seedbox which contains ALL my music_ in another room which is right next to my router and my speakers are in a room.
Putting the raspberry pi next to my speakers and hooking a usb cable from it to my speakers is out of the question.

I would prefer to not have to do the whole cable spaghetti thing to get my music going (3.5mm to RCA splitters--> speakers). What I would like is to utilize MPD. Is there a device I could buy which allows me stream music from MPD and that device would then listen to the HTTP url and then play my music.

I know that they are called receivers, but are there models that I should be aware of?

I would like the receiver to RECEIVE the music wirelessly via HTTP, but the connection to my speakers should be wired. Sidenote: I notice that, when I normally stream from MPD, if my playlist ends, the entire stream gets shut down. Will that happen to my receiver? If my MPD stream ends, will I have to get up and press buttons on my receiver for it to listen to the HTTP url?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back