hobo fix for non-fitting hobo earbuds
Feb 6, 2021 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

iddqd23

New Head-Fier
So i just bought myself 2 pairs of bluetooth earbuds- on the very cheap- a knockoff of an already cheap brand (Mpow Flame)
link
battery and sound-wise they are sufficient for my needs- ~8 hours playtime, sound is decent enough..
But there was the problem with them not fitting my ears at all- the sillicone plugs would barely fill my ear-canals, like zero insulation, and everything was wobbly...
so i thought of a fix and came up with this:
took a pair of "3M-ultrafit" earplugs for noise cancellation i had laying around and fitted them for this contraption..
Big advantage of these is, they are hollow on the inside, so sound can basically reach the ear, as long as you either cut of the very tip of the plugs, or drill a hole through the tip-part..
i used my trusty pedicure-pseudo-Dremel set for this task, and widened the holes a bit at the ends for fitting the actual earbud-socket and better sound passing..
finally, i plan to fix them securely to the earbuds with superglue, which i sadly ran out of, so there`s that- but they fit already really good to the buds, but just to make sure i will glue them in place regardless.

in my research i ran aross Peltor LEP-100E`s-

25088-3M-Peltor-LEP-100E-taktische-Gehoerschutzstoepsel-Ersatzstoepsel-1-Stueck-32-dB-Ultrafit-1.jpg

These are active noise cancellation buds which use the same plugs i do- so the idea isn`t new, but yep, the plugs alone add a good level of extra noise cancellation.
The fit is tight enough, that i even cut of the silicone things from the buds to wrap around your ears for secure fit, as my solution provides a secure enough fit.
So for anyone unsatisfied with their earbuds fit, this might be worth a try... the 3M plugs go for about 5€.

2021-02-07 01.03.48.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back