HM-901 - bug reports and feature requests
Sep 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

zenpunk

Headphoneus Supremus
I haven't come across a similar thread on the forum so decided to start one -apology if one already exist.
I just received my HM-901 with balanced card and RE-600 and I will have to admit this player sound incredibly good and is very impressive but there is still issues that will hopefully get ironed out soon.

My main issue is with tags not being recognised properly or ignored such as Album Artist as all my compilations appeared as separate albums when browsing albums. 
Some cover don't display despite having folder.jpg and cover embedded in tags. Covers also don't appear to get resized to nicely fit the screen.
I would also prefer to get track titles displayed instead of the files name. The file type could maybe appear on the second line, where bit and frequency are.
Browsing using tags is also quite slow as  lists of artist and albums sometimes fail  to update or are slow. The progress bar on the right is also hard to see and doesn't seem to update properly
I wished there was a quick way to get back to the Playing Now screen.
The UI is functional but quite slow and not very attractive IMO.

On the the hardware side, I find the wheel quite hard to turn and often press the middle button inadvertently. It would have been good if the wheel  had a rubberised feeling.
Not too sure why there is a dedicated Play button as the central one has a similar function??

Looking forward to future firmwares as this player really deserve to become the best.

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 2
My main complain is about the slightly cut off beginning of the tracks. This happens randomly. Some other tracks seems to have a short fade in. I would like to have clean perfect beginning of tracks in all the formats.

On the case of the cue support, it doesn't takes you to the beginning of the track.

Another bug, this is big, it's that sometimes I simply don't get sound or just chopped sound. The only way that I've found to minimize this is to push the play button before any other button so the player start playing the album prior to be turned off and then change to the album you actually want to hear. Curiously there's one album, it's seems to be the first one that I loaded to the card, that always plays fine, even when I cannot get sound from any other file.

As requested features the only one that I really want it's crossfeed option. I don't understand why not simply use the bs2b (Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural DSP) plugin, the license it's free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back