HM 801 options and advice
Apr 14, 2010 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

infoseaker

New Head-Fier
First, Love the forum and all the great info. Now for the questions. Applications for using HM 801
1- Headphone IEM out with Westone IEM Mod UM2. What is needed?
2- Line out to connect directly to NAD 375 Amp to M80 2.1 speakers. What is needed or recommended?
3- Line or headphone out connected to AUX in Audi A8L
4- SD card recommendation? How to transfer songs to SD card?
5- What program is recommended to create lists and send to HM 801, Several have been listed on forums, I have Vista 64 and a Zen today for reference. Foobar? Etc.
6- Current using Ausu essence ST sound card for CPU playback. Audio out is great.
7- Is the mentioned (future) alt amp board available and will it make any difference with the apps above? Price? Worth getting? No gaming only HIFI sound is needed.
8- Do you get any options when you buy regarding OP amps? Software Rev? Etc.
9- Is there any real users guide. I can’t find one anywhere on the web?
I know this is a lot but hopefully several others will find it helpful. HM 801 is an expensive PMP so the more support the better going in.

Apr 14, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #2 of 3
Excellent questions. I'll make an attempt to answer some and let others chime in:

1. and 7. HM801 comes with built-in headphone amp, so you can plug your IEM into the headphone jack and be good to go, but the built-in amp has high gain for IEMs, so it has a relatively small range of usable volume control, especially if you listen at low volumes. In that case you can get the game card - it really should not be called a "game" card ... which has lower gain
2. and 3. You can use a mini to mini cable - cardas makes one - I use that for Camry - I do not know if it is different for Audi. You can connect the mini to the line-out fof 801 or the best sound quality.
4. I use Kingston 32 GB SDHC Class 4, there is a whole thread for it.

Cheers

Apr 15, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 3
Hmm....so this is the person who's been beating me to the screen-name at some websites!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back