HM-801 - Handling: Howto delete several favorites? Howto factory reset? Deleting hidden files/folders on the onboard-flash?
Mar 13, 2017 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ursdiego

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody!

I still stick to the HM-801 - its still (one of) the best sounding player imo featuring the organic R2R-characteristics, even though it is indeed a bit chunky and not very easy to handle. I tried Rockbox, but went back to the original firmware V 0.23, as I want to listen to 24bit 96khz - FLACS without the Rockbox-downsampling.

Hoping that some others are around with this player and more experienced with its handling, here comes my question:

Is there a way to delete all favorites at once without deleting each entry seperately...? Or to do this via a factory reset?

I tried updating the firmware - but this did not delete my favorites (which is actually good!). Anyway, I'd like to delete my favorites, as all my songs on the SD-Card changed and clicking on an inxestant favorite makes the HM-801 re-index the sd-card - which takes about 15 minutes on my 64gb-sd-fat32-card.

Any ideas...?

Maybe deleting or editing one of the files in the hidden folders that appear in Windows Explorer when connecting the the USB-cable?

Is there a risk anyway deleting those folders/files, and what is stored which one?

Cheers! Diego

Users who are viewing this thread

Back