HiFiman sundara closed questions
Dec 4, 2023 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Jo-JS

Head-Fier
So I've been seeing the ad guess the sundara c for 149$ for a long while now and decided I miss my fostex t50rp-mk2 I had a decade ago and wanna have another planar.

First question. Is it actually a good price or it's just Chinese marketing and that's exactly what they're worth?

Second question,

I've been suffering from a lot of sibilance from them. They sound fantastic but I had to tame a lot of the higher frequencies to mitigate the ssss and tssss sounds. I need had this problem with any other headphone and I don't consider myself a sibilance sensitive person

Third is kind of off topic but I thought I'd drop it here

Using my fiio e12 with it's bass boost on, the sundara has unbelievably amazing bass, hell I even had to lower my eq bass freqs to near 0.

However amazing as this is I can't seem to replicate this amazing bass in any other method... Even for example, if I still use all the chain up to the e12 but turn off the boost, we KNOW this setup can rumble my brain, but even if I throw my 30-125hz eq to the roof it would just muddy things up and the rumble is still absent. What am I doing incorrectly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back