HiFIMAN HM-801 repair
Feb 11, 2014 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

KT66

Headphoneus Supremus
So both the headphone out and line out are broken
No one in the UK seems to want to fix it.
Head Direct only want to know if I can show receipt, I bought it second hand.

For a manufacturer to refuse to repair a product three years old is just not acceptable.
It inspires no confidence in the brand, and regardless of the quality of the players, I 
can no longer recommend HIFIMAN to anyone.

Other hardware manufacturers have done the same and paid the price, great companies like
Linn, Naim and Yamaha have legendary back up for after sales repairs, even Musical Fidelity.

So Fang, do you really expect me to just throw away a product of yours that cost £500+
and is only 3 years old?

disappointed

KT66

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 2
  So both the headphone out and line out are broken
No one in the UK seems to want to fix it.
Head Direct only want to know if I can show receipt, I bought it second hand.

For a manufacturer to refuse to repair a product three years old is just not acceptable.
It inspires no confidence in the brand, and regardless of the quality of the players, I 
can no longer recommend HIFIMAN to anyone.

Other hardware manufacturers have done the same and paid the price, great companies like
Linn, Naim and Yamaha have legendary back up for after sales repairs, even Musical Fidelity.

So Fang, do you really expect me to just throw away a product of yours that cost £500+
and is only 3 years old?

disappointed

KT66

Actually, I had a simmilar issue, what I was told to do was purchase the $100 extended warrenty and they would replace the unit.

I'm curious to see if they will allow me to trade my old unit it for a new HM901 [Not for free of course, I'll need to pay]

But it would be greatly appreciated, my other option is to have my 801 repaired, sell it, then buy a 901, might be easier if Head Direct bought my unit and sold me the 901, assuming the difference in cost is covered by me.

I mean they sell the old 801's for what $750 or so, with a new 901 costing around $1000 I'm figureing $300 or so dollars cost on my end, if for some reason they do not offer nay kind of upgrade, I still may sell my HM801 to buy a 901...

Still for getting the unit repaired. Email customer service and purchase the extended warrenty, warrenty is $100. Let me ask you though, do you have USB support? My USB support died about 3-4 months ago, the HO an LO still work but I can't connect the device to a PC atm it can only read SD Cards and the internal memory, I can't even get to the onboard flash to change teh songs there [not that I want to, I can swap out the SD cards if I want more music] Still I'm just curious as to when my hm801 is going to completely die on me 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back