Hifiman HE1000 V2 Mobile setup?
Apr 12, 2023 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MJSable

New Head-Fier
Just curious if anyone’s used a more portable setup with their he1000 v2s- DAC/Amp? I’m on the move a lot, and I usually power my headphones/iems with dac/amps like the m11 plus ess and qudelix, but I wasn’t sure whether they would be enough.

Apr 13, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #2 of 11
Personally, I greatly prefer my actual setup, but sometimes I use it with my Cayin n6ii e02 in bed

Like of course desktop setup is better, but I think its good enough if I had to move alot. I also tried the DX300 with it, I think that is a fine combo as well, as far as portable (and not including "transportable") setups go.

Apr 13, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 11
Personally, I greatly prefer my actual setup, but sometimes I use it with my Cayin n6ii e02 in bed

Like of course desktop setup is better, but I think its good enough if I had to move alot. I also tried the DX300 with it, I think that is a fine combo as well, as far as portable (and not including "transportable") setups go.
Thats good to know, thanks! I ordered an og chord mojo to try alongside my qudelix 5k. Just interested to see how they sound. They’re definitely portable enough haha. I would like to try a desktop setup sometime soon, but atm it wouldn’t get much use. I’ll post soon and see what everybody would recommend as a good first desktop DAC/amp combo for what I’ll be using them for.

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 11
I run mine balanced 4.4mm on my A&K KANN Max in Super Mode and they're endgame. They sound unbelievable with that pairing.

The other two pairings I really like is on the Feliks Echo MKII and Questyle CMA400i. I've basically built a system around their synergy.

Keep in mind. The KANN Max has a tonne of power and the HE1000's need a lot of that to really drive them to their full potential.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #5 of 11
I run mine balanced 4.4mm on my A&K KANN Max in Super Mode and they're endgame. They sound unbelievable with that pairing.

The other two pairings I really like is on the Feliks Echo MKII and Questyle CMA400i. I've basically built a system around their synergy.
I usually run my iPhone/Qobuz to a portable DAC\Amp, but I have always wanted to try an A&K dap. The only daps I’ve tried so far are the Fiio M11 plus ltd and ess.
As for the felix and questyle, I’m going to look those up 👍🏻👍🏻

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 11
I usually run my iPhone/Qobuz to a portable DAC\Amp, but I have always wanted to try an A&K dap. The only daps I’ve tried so far are the Fiio M11 plus ltd and ess.
As for the felix and questyle, I’m going to look those up 👍🏻👍🏻
The Feliks Echo MKII is a desktop tube amp. Usually I wouldn't recommend tubes with planar's but this sounds awesome to me.

The Questyle is also a desktop solution. It's current mode technology is amazing and I really like the Questyle house sound. Top notch build quality.

The KANN Max is the most powerful DAP on the market and even it needs to be run in it's highest gain mode with about 70% of its volume to get the HEKV2 loud enough.

The iFi Gryphon is also a pretty solid pairing but it leans a bit too warm for me.

Apr 14, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #7 of 11
The Feliks Echo MKII is a desktop tube amp. Usually I wouldn't recommend tubes with planar's but this sounds awesome to me.

The Questyle is also a desktop solution. It's current mode technology is amazing and I really like the Questyle house sound. Top notch build quality.

The KANN Max is the most powerful DAP on the market and even it needs to be run in it's highest gain mode with about 70% of its volume to get the HEKV2 loud enough.

The iFi Gryphon is also a pretty solid pairing but it leans a bit too warm for me.
I like the Feliks ans Questyle both, but especially the Questyle. So many options for a desktop setup it kind of unreal.
I was worried about driving the HEKv2 with my portable set up, but it’ll be fun to see. The qudelix with balanced out is supposed to be able to drive it pretty loud from what I’ve heard, but I ordered an og chord mojo to try as well, and im excited to compare them.

Apr 18, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #8 of 11
Not the most portable solution (it is my portable tho LOL)

A&K ACRO CA 1000T (or CA1000)

Apr 18, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #9 of 11
Not the most portable solution (it is my portable tho LOL)

A&K ACRO CA 1000T (or CA1000)
Hahaha yeah, I know it’s not the most portable, but I’m sure it’ll be going with me at least some of the time.
The A&K Acro is amazing. How are you liking the user interface on it so far?
So far I’ve mostly just used my iPhone as my source, and an amp/DAC with it to power my iems and headphones. Might be a different way to go, as most of the responses from y’all are recommending different DAPs or a portable amp with a dap pretty much built in like the A&K 1000T, but always having my phone right with me has kept it my go to. Might have to change that going forward.

Apr 18, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #10 of 11
Hahaha yeah, I know it’s not the most portable, but I’m sure it’ll be going with me at least some of the time.
The A&K Acro is amazing. How are you liking the user interface on it so far?
So far I’ve mostly just used my iPhone as my source, and an amp/DAC with it to power my iems and headphones. Might be a different way to go, as most of the responses from y’all are recommending different DAPs or a portable amp with a dap pretty much built in like the A&K 1000T, but always having my phone right with me has kept it my go to. Might have to change that going forward.
The user interface is actually really smooth. My wife operates it without a hiccup. Also can use it as a roon end point so that makes it even easier if you're into that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back