Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jun 5, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #4,006 of 5,574
In the meanwhile just a curiosity i've grown lately , and i'd rather not open a thread for it ,

What music , or albums if you d' like to mention are recurrent and favorite of yours on the he1000se ?

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #4,007 of 5,574
In the meanwhile just a curiosity i've grown lately , and i'd rather not open a thread for it ,

What music , or albums if you d' like to mention are recurrent and favorite of yours on the he1000se ?
The Terminator 2 Soundtrack is absolutely astonishing on the HE1000SE.

I also love songs like Goldeneye - Tina Turner, To Be Human - Marina, NDA - Billie Eilish, Black Shoes - Felix Laband, Geist - OVERWERK

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #4,008 of 5,574
Well, I originally traded up my HekSe for the Susvara, but never stopped missing the Hekse. So I have decided to trade up my Arya Stealth for the Hekse, so that I can have the Hekse back home hanging together with the Susvara... Yes, it has been a bit of a tortuous journey, but one must get to know and keep what one loves in this hobby, and the Hekse has earned its place as a keeper to my ears.
I've circled back around on a few headphones myself. Back when I had the Susvara's and HEKse's at the same time, I always thought the HEKse's were the more enjoyable listen. I reached for the HEKse's a lot more than I did the Susvara's even though the Susvara's were the better overall headphone. I ended up trading the my HEKse's to tryout the LCD-5's. I did not like the LCD-5's, so I traded down to get the LCD-4's again. Once I traded the Susvara's, I picked up the HEKse's again and could not have been more pleased.

The headphones I have now are the culmination of all the demoing, tryouts, trading and selling I've done over the years. I have what I feel are the best headphones for my listening preferences. It was a long journey to get to this point, but I'm no longer eager to trade or sell what I have now. This is the first time since getting into this hobby that I can actually enjoy listening. The HEKse's are indeed keepers. Along with the original HEKv2's.

I thought about giving the Susvara's another go since I better gear, but I remember all the late nights I had with them wondering if I was getting the most out of them. We'll see, tbd.........

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #4,009 of 5,574
The Terminator 2 Soundtrack is absolutely astonishing on the HE1000SE.

I also love songs like Goldeneye - Tina Turner, To Be Human - Marina, NDA - Billie Eilish, Black Shoes - Felix Laband, Geist - OVERWERK
didn't know brad fiedel ( t2 soundtrack ) was a talented classic/digital/industrial composer ( correct me here ! soundtrack composer anyhow ) ,
while I am not an edm and electronica abuser I know the other 3 tracks , nice to list Tina Turner and Goldeneye score.. I am listening to .. refreshing , been very long time

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #4,010 of 5,574
didn't know brad fiedel ( t2 soundtrack ) was a talented classic/digital/industrial composer ( correct me here ! soundtrack composer anyhow ) ,
while I am not an edm and electronica abuser I know the other 3 tracks , nice to list Tina Turner and Goldeneye score.. I am listening to .. refreshing , been very long time
I am not a classical type of listener but I highly enjoy a lot of movie soundtracks. The T2 soundtrack has a very industrial sounding to me.

I love the Main title score, Sarah On The Run & Into The Steel Mill on the HE1000SE.

The Taxi Driver soundtrack is also one of my favorites but I think its better on the LCD 4.

The bass definition the HE1000SE is actually better than the LCD 4 imo.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #4,012 of 5,574

Saint Preux stuff, but especially "the Last Opera" (try track 3 for this one) and "Le piano d'Abigail"

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #4,013 of 5,574
The Doom sountrack is insane on the HekV2, I think it will be even better on the HekSE, get the lossless version if you can.

gore
could be hard on hekse with those sibilant windy effects and post industrial pitchy tones
and 2hr listening , hard to test

anyhow ,
lot of soundtracks / ambient music on users
used as work background possibly (?)

Jun 8, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #4,016 of 5,574
Hint: There is no better time to acquire hifiman headphones than now

Just check for their promotion deal in their web.
There's a price drop now to £1949 for the HE1000SE.

Makes me wonder if they would ever do the same for the Susvara as they have been out for a while.

Jun 8, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #4,017 of 5,574
Wishful thinking 🙂 Hifiman should now launch an updated HekSE or a new model altogether which is bit more differeniated from the HeK series borrowing more qualities of the Susvara (especially the vocals) but isn't as amp picky maybe have same impedance as the OG V2 or a little more, I will be guaranteed customer, I was initially thinking to upgrade to the HekSE but i think I'll stick with the V2 as I find the vocals excellent and don't want to risk loosing it.

Jun 9, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #4,019 of 5,574
There's a price drop now to £1949 for the HE1000SE.

Makes me wonder if they would ever do the same for the Susvara as they have been out for a while.
Only until father's day. Since I have my pair put up for sale I am willing to slightly undercut Hifiman, but only for the week leading up to father's day 😇

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 1:24 AM Post #4,020 of 5,574
I have tried both HEK v2 and HEK Stealth.

Since i can't demo HEKSE, I wonder presentation wise is it closer to HEK v2 (more laid back) or is it more similar to HEK Stealth (more aggresive)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back