Hifiman Edition XS Mods
Feb 12, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #24 of 29
IMHO the band itself is not the only problem. The headphones (ear cups) are gigantic and any change to the headband, while offering some relief, will not solve the problem altogether.

The way I see it, either get used to the weird size, or sell them and move on.

I returned my first pair after just a few days. I am on second pair and while I enjoy listening to music on them, I am still debating whether I want to keep them.

Looking at Meze 109 Pro as replacement, but need to test them before jumping to conclusions (and reaching for my wallet) :)

Feb 12, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #25 of 29
IMHO the band itself is not the only problem. The headphones (ear cups) are gigantic and any change to the headband, while offering some relief, will not solve the problem altogether.

The way I see it, either get used to the weird size, or sell them and move on.

I returned my first pair after just a few days. I am on second pair and while I enjoy listening to music on them, I am still debating whether I want to keep them.

Looking at Meze 109 Pro as replacement, but need to test them before jumping to conclusions (and reaching for my wallet) :)
Funny that!
I now have an Audeze headphone, and I am missing the comfort of the light, large-cup EDXS, that I have now sold.
Can't please everyone , I suppose.
The headband criticism is valid though.

Feb 26, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #28 of 29
Which Audeze?
And how does the XS compare to it?
Any regrets?
Audeze LCD-XC 2021.
The XCs have more resolution and speed.
They have less deep bass (but more control), less upper bass and much brighter. The XCs require more EQ that EDXS ever did.
Stereo image is more precise with Audeze .
EDXS, as I said before, are far lighter and more comfortable .
Since Audeze, the EDXS was not getting much use, so yhey have gone to a new home.
Do I miss them, absolutely ! do I regret it, not much.
Yhe fact that the XCs are closed back, it means I can use them without wife giving me dirty looks. Also, you could use them on planes and trains.
For almost a third of the price, the EDXS are fantastic value.

Mar 3, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #29 of 29
Here, problem solved!
A soft piece of leather, a bit of double sided tape, that'll do it.
Steadier, non-slip, stays on my head without tightening the spring.

Or you could just grow your hair, like so....
hair.jpg

:beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back